Omg froyo is here????

From what I see it still says 2.1... it does mention that it is upgradeable to 2.2.... just gotta wait for them to release it.

For me amd the samsung support people it says 2.2 try both ur comp and phone

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

It says 2.2 from my phone...but obviously no OTA update is available yet. Here's to hoping.

Well hopefully the update will be coming soon then. I just read on engadget that the Canadian version of the Fascinate and the Vibrant are starting to receive 2.2. Hopefully that means that the US versions are close behind.

Any word on if this update will allow for the video output function to work through the 3.5mm jack?

This is one feature that I really hope becomes available to the fascinate...

as far as i'm aware, the fascinate has the hardware to do it, but verizon blocked it. the overseas versions of the fascinate have video out, as shown on videos on youtube, but the american version can not.

hoping the hardware is in place, just needs to be opened up by verizon. i could be wrong.

I just checked Samsung site on PC and it shows OS 2.2.. I wonder if maybe new Fascinates have 2.2, but we get update whenever !?!

I talked with a samsung guy and he said the site will be advertising it as its released and he said you can expect to see it soon

I tried to check for updats and my phone froze. I checked its status and it said server unavailable... Maybe we will get froyo before 2011 like the rumor said about the comparion. Just search on google news: samsung fascinate 2.2

Yup server unavailable. This is different than no connection error as seen in other threads. I believe we are the verge of seeing an OTA here. A little more patience.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

Is there a bug where wifi on the fascinate doest check updates properly...seems to only work for me on 3g.

Mine still says no updates currently available.
Still hoping for the best though.

Is there a bug where wifi on the fascinate doest check updates properly...seems to only work for me on 3g.

Updates are only by 3g, and Wifi must be shut off.

8pened!

Back