OK, who's planning on upgrading to the Droid X

Orio

Reaction score
I'm certainly upgrading....I'm going from being a long time BB user, (retiring my Storm 2), to become a newbie Droid X addict !!!

Can't wait...pre-ordered at Best Buy...#7 on list....hoping they get at least 8 !! :icon_ lala:

swest6602

Reaction score
Vzw upgrade deals

Vzw gives you their best deals with new every two, but after 1 year you can still upgrade for an extra $20. Planning to upgrade my Droid to the X.

fishstick600

Reaction score
I justgot an amazing phone call from my work saying I don't need to work 2moro!! So I'll be able to pick one up at… my local vzw store.. What time should I show up? Mines gonna open at 8..think 730 at the latest? Or 7 to be safe?

dxuser

Reaction score
Hello...Just registered. Great info here.

I spoke to my rep a few minutes ago and she made me an appt. at 700. I will have to wait in line but when I enter the store she will be waiting for me and one other person since we have appts. Does this sound right? I asked her what if someone without an appt. asks to be helped and she said nope, she will see her appts. first. We'll see. Also she said she would grab 3 as soon as she gets there. 2 for me and 1 for the other person. She also said that they only have 60 phones. I don't know if this will happen like she explained.

Cathbad

Reaction score
A family contract makes it easier to upgrade

There are 5 people in my family contract. But I'm the only geek (ancient). I change phones almost every year without a problem because 2 of the people have never changed theirs and never will unless their phones break. :)

fishstick600

Reaction score
I called my local VZW and they have 60 on hand also so it sounds to me like 60 is the magic number for stores..I was also told if they run out they'll most likely have a shipment the next day...I'm stoked may just stay up all night playing Xbox so I don't over sleep XD

Impreza

Reaction score
First timer here, soon to be ex iphone owner. Nervous about jumping to Droid X, but ATT coverage sucks butt in my area. I do look forward to the big screen and using Froyo!

kimbr22

Reaction score
I cant go stand in line b/c of work, but I am buddies with a VZW rep who told me to give him a call at 8am on his cell and activate my new X. Only down side is it will deactivate my current phone when it goes through. Oh well, I can live without a phone til I pickup my Droid X after work.

Cathbad

Reaction score
How many Phones

In this area the small franchise stores got 3 each.
I only found that out today. Luckily I'm paid in advance so I will get one.

cookieluvr

Reaction score
I just got my NE2 moved up from the 13th of August to now. Went to my local Verizon store and they only got 40 and already have reservations on them. Went to my local BB and they only got 6 and those are spoken for although they say they get shipments in by UPS daily so maybe more tomorrow. In the meantime I am staying up tonight and ordering online. Don't want to miss it. Leaving my curve behind and going Droid!!!dancedroid

Ricowan

Reaction score
I got lucky, there were about 20 people in line ahead of me, I got the last one at the store! Loving it already!

theresa615

Reaction score
Just got my Droid X this morning (#6 on line) came from Blackberrt Storm, seems like I have a lot of learning to do, I like it the size is big but not bad at all, my storm was a lot easier to customize.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
Just got my Droid X this morning (#6 on line) came from Blackberrt Storm, seems like I have a lot of learning to do, I like it the size is big but not bad at all, my storm was a lot easier to customize.

Give it a few days. When I look at my BB now I'm like, how did I ever get anything done on this thing?