I got my Droid X... droid pro upgrade when it comes out??

cray

Reaction score
I went with a one year contract, just in case the Droid Pro out shines the X.

4G sounds nice as long as the pricing is good.

avt123

Reaction score
I might upgrade to the Droid Pro. 12MP Camera 4" Screen, 4G, Front facing Camera. Basically all the X have plus more...

4G? I haven't read anything about the Pro having 4G. The rumors I read was that the first LTE devices would be launching in the beginning of 2011. I heard only LTE data cards will be available this year.

soba1

Reaction score
I might upgrade to the Droid Pro. 12MP Camera 4" Screen, 4G, Front facing Camera. Basically all the X have plus more...

I don't know if I wanna give up our extra. 3" of screen.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

I have Big Hands!!! I love the 4.3" Screen of my DX but when I travel over seas I do not want to have 2 phones. I want to get rid of the Blackberry by January...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Droid Pro with only a 4" screen I'll pass
I think that size is the "sweet spot"

X's screen is a little too large and the Droids is a little too small.

4" will be perfect.

W

warp

4G? I haven't read anything about the Pro having 4G. The rumors I read was that the first LTE devices would be launching in the beginning of 2011. I heard only LTE data cards will be available this year.
This.

I was waiting for the Pro but decided I would just get the X and I'm sure glad I did. The Pro looks like it's gonna have a slider and its screen size is now speculated at 4" instead of 4.3". Not big issues, but I prefer the full touchscreen and extra screen real-estate on the X.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

I was looking for the Article that said that it would be an 4G Phone. I can not find it. So 4G might of just been a rumor.

avt123

Reaction score

I was looking for the Article that said that it would be an 4G Phone. I can not find it. So 4G might of just been a rumor.

Hmm ok. Yea all information I have seen has pointed to actual devices being 4G capable early next year, and data cards happening at the end of this year. I'm interested to see what happens.

soba1

Reaction score

I have Big Hands!!! I love the 4.3" Screen of my DX but when I travel over seas I do not want to have 2 phones. I want to get rid of the Blackberry by January...

In that case I can see why you would jump. See I upgraded with my primary line and I have three upgrades coming this year if I want. So I will hold pat. Also rumor has it that the Samsung Gal S2 will be coming out or in the works. So mid next year this time things will be heating up.