OK Let's All Be Honest... Tempted by the Nexus 6 or Not?

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any one want a OnePlus one invite? I got one from Gman that expires in a couple of hours.

Sent from my 1+(1)

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did anyone end up switching from the OPO to the Nexus 6? How do you like the device in comparison?

OP
Dusty

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
A direct comparison of the OnePlus vs the N6... tough one in all honesty. I'd say if you took the networks out of the equation I'd get a OPO. It isn't missing any features in comparison, it has a GREAT battery, the OS is awesome, and the price CAN NOT be beat. If you're able to get one without any funny business I'd say get one. If the OPO worked on VZW I'd say it was a no brainer all the way.

I used the OPO on TMo for 6 months. All through last summer for work and vacationing around the U.S., and what I found is that TMo is trash compared to VZW. The network was the achilles heel of my OPO. If you live someplace that has a good signal AND you never travel anywhere then TMo is great, but if you find yourself in various cities or towns throughout the year you'll immediately see its shortcomings.

My N6 works on VZW, is vanilla Android, and allows root. That's EVERYTHING I want. So all things equal OPO wins , but the real deciding factor is the individual.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
One plus was a great experience for me.. Really can't go wrong with price and specs.. I'd definitely recommend to anyone..

Tap'd by Big 6

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions guys.:)

Sent from my 1+(1)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Out of curiosity, did anyone end up switching from the OPO to the Nexus 6? How do you like the device in comparison?
I didn't even see this post as I read right after it.. pure android and phone build is what I like better on the Nexus.. I like the lines of the phone big Motorola X... And we are in beginning stages of lollipop so it will improve.. I like the fact we are the testing stage for next versions..
Overall OnePlus is a slam dunk.. Better battery and specs match easily... Screen is solid.. Even signal in my experience was exceptional.. Peeps always brag about Moto radios.. Well I noticed same with OnePlus.. Only negative is for Verizon peeps they can't experience a OnePlus..
I bought Nexus because I needed to experience it again...

Tap'd by Big 6

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't even see this post as I read right after it.. pure android and phone build is what I like better on the Nexus.. I like the lines of the phone big Motorola X... And we are in beginning stages of lollipop so it will improve.. I like the fact we are the testing stage for next versions..
Overall OnePlus is a slam dunk.. Better battery and specs match easily... Screen is solid.. Even signal in my experience was exceptional.. Peeps always brag about Moto radios.. Well I noticed same with OnePlus.. Only negative is for Verizon peeps they can't experience a OnePlus..
I bought Nexus because I needed to experience it again...

Tap'd by Big 6

Good deal thanks for the comparison. I had read on G+ about several OPO owners switching back to the OPO after using the Nexus 6 and wondered how folks here had fared.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good deal thanks for the comparison. I had read on G+ about several OPO owners switching back to the OPO after using the Nexus 6 and wondered how folks here had fared.
I'm sure.. I can see why.. It's solid and after all the excitement goes by we start to think hmmm.. Lol

Tap'd by Big 6

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im sure the OPO is a good device my one concern though is that updates come from CM, which is a good AOSP ROM, but you have to love AOSP. I personally prefer stock Google over AOSP. As far as the hardware side I would argue that Motorola is at the top as far as hardware is concerned particularly with radios. No other android manufacturer come close to the combination of both radio and build quality. The only achilles heel is the camera in low light situations. The deciding factor I believe is size, if you feel the nexus 6 is just too big yet you want an open device that runs AOSP then lean toward OPO.