Ohio state email account

c_law23

Reaction score
I set up my OSU account for the moto droid when i had it. Now that i have the incredible I'm trying to setup my email and i cant get it to work. I want to set it up as an IMAP account as it was a POP on the moto and became annoying with the multiple messages. It is an outlook account. anyway, here is the settings.

username: entered
pass: entered
STMP server: It's trying to put in buckeyemail.osu.edu but I'm trying to follow this setup for the blackberry from my school's website Configuring a BlackBerry To Sync With Buckeye Mail and it's telling me to enter pod51000@outlook
security type: SSL
port: 443

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try using the server as outlook.com

worked for me :)

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
it keeps telling me the server isn't responding but I know the email server is up as i just tested it if that's the server its referring to.

ok well it's a little different on the Incredible. You have to set it up through the the exchange sync account as opposed to the pop/imap option.

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i have mine on the exchange server on the droid

use SSL
accept all SSL certificates

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
I could really use a walk through on this as well. I have a state of Georgia email account that i need to set up, but I dont have a clue as to how to do it. any help would be appreciated.

ChansteR

Reaction score
For my Florida account, we use imap.ufl.edu with outgoing as smtp.ufl.edu.

Maybe you should try imap.osu.edu and see if that works and on initial set up, use "other (POP3/IMAP)" and then set your IMAP or POP server as imap.osu.edu or pop.osu.edu.

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For my Florida account, we use imap.ufl.edu with outgoing as smtp.ufl.edu.

Maybe you should try imap.osu.edu and see if that works and on initial set up, use "other (POP3/IMAP)" and then set your IMAP or POP server as imap.osu.edu or pop.osu.edu.

no osu just went to outlook for their email so its best to do it as an exchange server

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score

jjbinks11

Reaction score
Buckeyemail for Android Walkthrough

I set up my OSU account for the moto droid when i had it. Now that i have the incredible I'm trying to setup my email and i cant get it to work. I want to set it up as an IMAP account as it was a POP on the moto and became annoying with the multiple messages. It is an outlook account. anyway, here is the settings.

username: entered
pass: entered
STMP server: It's trying to put in buckeyemail.osu.edu but I'm trying to follow this setup for the blackberry from my school's website Configuring a BlackBerry To Sync With Buckeye Mail and it's telling me to enter pod51000@outlook
security type: SSL
port: 443

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

So 8help doesn't have a good write-up for how to go about setting up Buckeyemail successfully on any Android system, but after emailing them about it, and doing a hodgepodge of a few other tutorials I came up with this system that actually works.

Open up Mail and hit New Account, then "Other (POP3/IMAP)".

Put in your email address (lastname.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu) and your email password and press Next to make sure you typed it all in correctly.

Protocal: IMAP
Email Address: (should already be filled, but make sure it's still) lastname.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu
Username: (same as email address) lastname.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu
Password: (should already be filled, but again, make sure it's there)
IMAP Server: outlook.com
Security Type: SSL
Server Port: 993

Press Next to make sure that all works, then you'll get the outgoing server settings screen. Make sure the Login Required checkbox is checked and that your username and password are still filled out and correct.

SMTP Server: pod51000.outlook.com
Security Type: TLS
Server Port: 25

Hit Next and then fill in the account name you want to give it and the name you want to put down as your accountholder name, then press Finish Setup and you're good.

Reference: - Instructions for Checking Buckeye Mail

Sorry to the Georgia and UF posters, I don't know your email system. And to those great guys from m*ch*g@n, how were those past two years at home for the holidays? Probably chilly...

Last edited:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Hey jjbinks11

I will leave both posts up for now, if you think you need to, delete one of them. I have no problem letting you leave the two of them up if necessary.

Nice write up !

beefcakeboy2009

Reaction score
I have to get in on this conversation. All i can say to OSU is BTFU! Boiler up baby! haha good football game this season, I was there on the field. but for the email, i would assume that Purdue's is similar.
Protocol: IMAP
Username: entered
Password: entered
IMAP server: username.mail.purdue.edu
Security Type: SSL
Server port: 993
Hopefully this will help you man, and good luck recovering from losing evan turner in basketball next season.

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up binks! I went ahead and used the exchange (I think thats what its called) option at the beginning instead of going into the other IMAP/POP option and it set up pretty easily...

O-H!