Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Correction 2 major bugs fixed/working

Borat_Great_Success.jpg

Fireproof1905

Reaction score
glad to see its being jumped on so fast for those of you who want to look at the boot animation and check out the weather app i posted them earlier, there completely seperate from the rom even thou the weather is in all chinese the app it' self looks really good and has lots of options...

topdogg

Reaction score
you know what works best? Deleting you facebook account. Facebook is ****ing lame.

some of us actually have use for it you know

i know, playing farmville, mafia wars, raping your own privacy, and keeping in touch with people from high school you weren't friends with in the first place.

Look, i know it's got its benefits, but overall it is a giant black hole. The world would be better off without it.

lol! True that!

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
History of the boot animation;

That boot animation has been the official android animation since android 1.5. Android has always had a built in boot animation. Before 1.5 it was green android lettering with a green android next to it. It wasnt until 2.0 when the droid came out that it was easy to customize using bootanimation.zip. Htc had their own implimentation of a custom boot animation on their sense ui running on 1.5 using gif but it wasnt compatible with regular android.
Google seeing how popular it was with htc sense decided to add their own gif like animation. The way they did it bypassed the gif pattent by using a series of pngs in an uncompressed zip.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Fireproof1905

Reaction score
History of the boot animation;

That boot animation has been the official android animation since android 1.5. Android has always had a built in boot animation. Before 1.5 it was green android lettering with a green android next to it. It wasnt until 2.0 when the droid came out that it was easy to customize using bootanimation.zip. Htc had their own implimentation of a custom boot animation on their sense ui running on 1.5 using gif but it wasnt compatible with regular android.
Google seeing how popular it was with htc sense decided to add their own gif like animation. The way they did it bypassed the gif pattent by using a series of pngs in an uncompressed zip.

do you have any suggestions on how i can get the newest boot animation to work, i have it on my sd card and use root explorer to move it but i cna't find the folder that would have a boot animation in it....

frostthejack

Reaction score
some of us actually have use for it you know

i know, playing farmville, mafia wars, raping your own privacy, and keeping in touch with people from high school you weren't friends with in the first place.

Look, i know it's got its benefits, but overall it is a giant black hole. The world would be better off without it.

lol! True that!

lol how would the world be better off without it. its a place where people can rant about things without having to worry about the looks they will get.

strangely sounds like the internet summed up into one sentence.

Fireproof1905

Reaction score
i've tried like 4 reboots and still a no go, really wondering if the fact that it didn't have anything in that folder is the problem, i've searched almost all folders and no luck finding any boot animation.....

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i've tried like 4 reboots and still a no go, really wondering if the fact that it didn't have anything in that folder is the problem, i've searched almost all folders and no luck finding any boot animation.....

What are you exactly trying to do?

The android bootanimation with the blue lettering is built into the android framework. It's in every Rom and doesn't need bootanimation.zip. If you remove bootanimation.zip from cyanogenmod or ss it will show "android" in blue letters

frostthejack

Reaction score

What are you exactly trying to do?

The android bootanimation with the blue lettering is built into the android framework. It's in every Rom and doesn't need bootanimation.zip. If you remove bootanimation.zip from cyanogenmod or ss it will show "android" in blue letters

a few pages back some one posted a boot animation i think that is the one he is refering to