Official Google Voice App

searayman

Reaction score
With the Google, Google Voice app when i send a text message from the built in "messaging" (the text messaging app) does it send it from my gv number or my real cell number?

Cloppy

Reaction score
you have the option if the person is in your contacts. click the little messaging icon next to the contacts name and it will popup with a menu asking which method to use

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
you have the option if the person is in your contacts. click the little messaging icon next to the contacts name and it will popup with a menu asking which method to use

Ok this doesn't exactly answer my question. If I iinitiate a text from the default text message application in an droid will it send it from my google voice number if I have the gv app installed?

Stigy

Reaction score
If you send an SMS from to the contacts 406-xxx-xxxx number it will come from your Google Voice number.

You can also send SMS directly from the GV app.

But if you don't do either of those two options it will appear from your cell number.

Cloppy

Reaction score

Ok this doesn't exactly answer my question. If I iinitiate a text from the default text message application in an droid will it send it from my google voice number if I have the gv app installed?

Yes the default messaging app will use you cell number. Using contacts is the best and quickest way i found to SMS people using my GV number. Hope this helps

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score

Yes the default messaging app will use you cell number. Using contacts is the best and quickest way i found to SMS people using my GV number. Hope this helps

Thou think with android integration it could use the default text message application to send texts from gv

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
im confused, if i send sms with my GV account from the droid will it show my gv number..since i dont have a texting plan with verizon

Stigy

Reaction score
If you do not have a texting plan then don't quote me on anything...

Don't want to say anything that gets your charged.

Cloppy

Reaction score
Google voice app uses your data plan only for sending SMS messages if that clears things up at all