Offered a FREE thunder from verizon!!!!

tlozano09

Reaction score
... or any phone that comes out from today till september 19th.

because every droid x they have sent me has had problems with it and im just tired of it.

But it has to be a certified new phone. (which is fine with me)

so the question is... Should i get a thuderbolt or wait a few months till a better phone comes out??

p.s. it doesnt use up my upgrade either :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your history of phones is as you say, then you probably won't like the Thunderbolt either. You need to do your own research and make decisions on this that suit yourself.

I also edited your thread title because you're not getting a free Thunderbolt, you're inquiring if you should get one. In fact, it might be an off-topic thread because you're asking about any phone present or coming down the pipeline. I didn't ask anyone if I should get the Thunderbolt. I did my own research.

Last edited:

ionide

Reaction score
I agree with Vulcan. Bragging about scamming a free phone out of Verizon isn't cool, either.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

shortsxit

Reaction score
I agree with Vulcan. Bragging about scamming a free phone out of Verizon isn't cool, either.

That's what I got out of it.

"I've had so many bad Droid Xs! I demand a new phone because this piece of crap doesn't work. Oh, you'll give me a new phone? I think this one will work until September now."

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score

What? ? I haven't scammed anyone? my first phone had screen banding problems, the second one rebooted constantly, and the third and fourth one have extremely loose usb ports.

They are giving me a free one because I have been with the company for 9years and I have never had a late payment. I don't get why people make assumptions without any background info.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

What? ? I haven't scammed anyone? my first phone had screen banding problems, the second one rebooted constantly, and the third and fourth one have extremely loose usb ports.

They are giving me a free one because I have been with the company for 9years and I have never had a late payment. I don't get why people make assumptions without any background info.
As you know I had to change the title of the thread and also move it to off-topic.

As a former VZW call center senior rep I know why and how you got the offer, but being a customer for xx years and never having a late payment has nothing to do with the offer you got.

Please do your own due diligence and pick the phone and be done with it. You came off as gloating and sticking your tongue out at the others who read this.

Haloman800

Reaction score
Wow, tlozeno, please ignore the other members, I've rarely seen them this rude. Even a moderator?

Come on guys, he's happy that vzw's letting him have another phone, don't take it like he's bragging, even if he was, so what? How does that hurt you? Don't be so childish

Congratulations tlozno, and btw I would wait until the end of April at least, that is when the Bionic is rumored to be released, from what I've seen it's going to blow the TBolt out of water.

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score

As you know I had to change the title of the thread and also move it to off-topic.

As a former VZW call center senior rep I know why and how you got the offer, but being a customer for xx years and never having a late payment has nothing to do with the offer you got.

Please do your own due diligence and pick the phone and be done with it. You came off as gloating and sticking your tongue out at the others who read this.

Actually having a good payment record and my loyalty to the company was the exact reason why he offered me the upgrade for free. He said it himself. I guess a lot had changed since your rep days.

I wasn't sticking my tounge out at anyone. I had hardware problems with the phone and they decided to be nice to me, I wasn't sitting there begging for it, it was offered to me.

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
Wow, tlozeno, please ignore the other members, I've rarely seen them this rude. Even a moderator?

Come on guys, he's happy that vzw's letting him have another phone, don't take it like he's bragging, even if he was, so what? How does that hurt you? Don't be so childish

Congratulations tlozno, and btw I would wait until the end of April at least, that is when the Bionic is rumored to be released, from what I've seen it's going to blow the TBolt out of water.

Thank you for your positive comment. I don't know why I'm getting who much hate.

And I agree without on the bionic, I'm not a big htc fan. I want to wait for it but I'm nervous that there isn't an accurate release date.

mack19318

Reaction score
Why does lots of people post "do your own research?" Isn't asking others what they think of the phone research? I personaly like hearing what other people have to say about a phone I am thinking about getting, I also tend to want to hear peoples opinions from this forum because I like to root/ and flash roms.
And dude that's very cool vz is gonna hook you up! Some reps are cool and understanding about how frusterating and disapointing having phone after phone with problems is and can be good hearted enough to give a little something extra for your problems.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

lilpaul21

Reaction score
wow

looks like some people have had a bad day.dont understand the hatein going on.good for you.i am happy for you.and i thought it was a good question to ask all the people that have experienced firsthand the tbolt.if the bionic has a better battery life i say wait and get it

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not being rude, just telling him what it is. And, yes, good pay histories and longevity are nice, but there is a matrix that reps must use when a customer has had several exchanges. Since that happened, you qualified. I had some Droid problems myself and I was sent a Droid 2 as an exchange. I was not trying to come off rude, but had to tell you how it is. Yes, ask opinions but at the end of the day it is you who must decide. Read up on these things, ask questions, then decide. But, don't start a thread topic "GETTING a free Thunderbolt from VZW". That is what I had to change because yes, it did come off as gloating.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Vulcan is right and so is this person. It really makes me sick to see people who do what you do get something they don't deserve. All you should have got was another refurb, that's all you deserved.

Snow02

Reaction score
Why does lots of people post "do your own research?" Isn't asking others what they think of the phone research?
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

No. One of the great rules of life and the internet is if you have a question or problem, it's almost surely not the first time someone has had that same question or problem, and it has most likely already been discussed somewhere on the net, and usually it's already been answered.

Obviously that rule may not always apply when dealing with a specific issue with a just released device, but you'd be surprised.

Most people are industrious enough to use google with some modicum of efficacy, and those people sometimes take offense when it's obvious someone didn't take the time to even bother searching before posting.

Here's a great trouble shooting guide for most tech related issues:
63aff81e-5a1b-5024.jpg

Sorry for the semi-OT rant.

Vyvid

Reaction score
Wow... This seems really rude.

HOW DARE YOU ASK OPINIONS ABOUT WHAT DROID PHONE TO GET ON A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THEIR PHONES AND OFTEN GIVE ADVICE!

I don't know what you did to get jumped on like that. And it didn't look at all like "sticking your tongue out" or gloating about scamming vzw to me at all.

Sounded more like "wow guys, I finally got someone at the phone co I've been loyal to, to take care of the issue I've had with faulty devices, as a bonus they are even letting me get a better model. Thinking about the tb, or do you guys tthink I should wait?"

Granted, it may not have been in the right area, but I don't think the harsh snarky comment was necessary.

~*Sent from a Galaxy far, far away*~