Offered a FREE thunder from verizon!!!!

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
I see no need to apologize tlozano. You weren't gloating as far as I can tell. In fact, I think some apologies are owed to you. But to your question. The Thunderbolt seems like a really nice phone, but if I were in your place, I'd probably wait and see if the Atrix will be coming to Verizon. I've seem it posted I think on engadget, that it'll be on other carriers soon. I hope there is a verizon version because I'm digging the laptop-like docking station. If not, I'd probably wait for the bionic. Good luck.

Thats a good suggestion but one of my buddies got the atrix and i dont like it at all. I think the screen looks terrible. I dont understand how they could sell a phone with a screen looking like that.

at this point im really considering the thunderbolt because i want to lock in that 4g rate. but i would love the bionic.

Well if you don't like the Atrix, you might not like the Bionic either. They're pretty similar except for screen size.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
is the screen all pixilated?

EdForsythe

Reaction score
I agree with Vulcan. Bragging about scamming a free phone out of Verizon isn't cool, either.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

What? ? I haven't scammed anyone? my first phone had screen banding problems, the second one rebooted constantly, and the third and fourth one have extremely loose usb ports.

They are giving me a free one because I have been with the company for 9years and I have never had a late payment. I don't get why people make assumptions without any background info.
As you know I had to change the title of the thread and also move it to off-topic.

As a former VZW call center senior rep I know why and how you got the offer, but being a customer for xx years and never having a late payment has nothing to do with the offer you got.

Please do your own due diligence and pick the phone and be done with it. You came off as gloating and sticking your tongue out at the others who read this.
!!!! I've been hanging out on these forums for some time and I have never seen a moderator attack anyone asking for advice. What's the matter Vulcan? Having a bad day? The OP was certainly not guilty of "...gloating and sticking your tongue out at the others..." Asking for advice is a part of "...due dilligence..." You owe the OP an apology and I sincerely hope that you are man enough to recognize and atone for your error. BTW, I have been told many times by VZ store managers that they were doing something for me because I was an old loyal customer who was never late with a payment.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
at this point im really considering the thunderbolt because i want to lock in that 4g rate. but i would love the bionic.
I truly think you'll like the TB. I also got it for the same reason as you're thinking. I wanted to lock in the unlimited data for the next 20 months too. Our account has 5 lines, and my wife, daughter, son in law and I are all on a family share plan with unlimited data. We've all just upgraded so now can relax because we won't (or shouldn't be) affected by the tiered data pricing coming out this year. From what I've seen so far with the TB in the past 2 days is absolutely fantastic comparing it with the Droid and D2 that I had before this. What I like about the TB over the Bionic is 32 GB SD card comes with the TB and 8 GB onboard. The Bionic storage is much smaller.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Thats a good suggestion but one of my buddies got the atrix and i dont like it at all. I think the screen looks terrible. I dont understand how they could sell a phone with a screen looking like that.

Well if you don't like the Atrix, you might not like the Bionic either. They're pretty similar except for screen size.

is the screen all pixilated?

Not sure as I haven't seen it in person.

EdForsythe

Reaction score
... or any phone that comes out from today till september 19th.

because every droid x they have sent me has had problems with it and im just tired of it.

But it has to be a certified new phone. (which is fine with me)

so the question is... Should i get a thuderbolt or wait a few months till a better phone comes out??

p.s. it doesnt use up my upgrade either :)
Hi Tio,
Wow that sounds like a good deal. I was beset by the TB frenzy but just before I pulled the trigger I took a step back and decided that the TB is a good but not great phone and that I would wait for awhile until other phones were available (Bionic, iPhone5, Stealth, Galaxy S II, etc.). Waiting
until mid Summer is no big deal IMHO. I'm really curious about the Bionic and why Moto seemingly crippled it with only 512 megs of RAM while the Moto Atrix has 1GB?? Be patient and wait and you will be rewarded as BlackManX has advised.

Vyvid

Reaction score
But that's also assuming there will be a cln one available

~*Sent from a Galaxy far, far away*~

Beka27

Reaction score
How long does it take VZ to "flip" a phone? Quite a few phones come back within a day or two because of a variety of minor issues, or the person just didn't like it. I know the have to send it back in... I just wonder if it takes a week or a month to "certify"?

(from Beka's DX)

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
I truly think you'll like the TB. I also got it for the same reason as you're thinking. I wanted to lock in the unlimited data for the next 20 months too. Our account has 5 lines, and my wife, daughter, son in law and I are all on a family share plan with unlimited data. We've all just upgraded so now can relax because we won't (or shouldn't be) affected by the tiered data pricing coming out this year. From what I've seen so far with the TB in the past 2 days is absolutely fantastic comparing it with the Droid and D2 that I had before this. What I like about the TB over the Bionic is 32 GB SD card comes with the TB and 8 GB onboard. The Bionic storage is much smaller.

wow i was not aware of the sd card difference. The more and more i think about it the more i want the TB.

i guess it depends how long it takes for cln TB's to be ready. It may be that i will have to end up paying the extra money for 4g because the cln's wont be ready before the "inevitable" price increase.

Also the Qhd screen is a big turn off for me on the bionic. I really think the screen looks terrible on the atrix and its the same screen for the bionic, so i might stay away from it.

What do you think about the incredible 2? i was looking at it and it looks like a solid alternate if the 4g plans do go up.

p.s. i called verizon today and the rep told me that i should wait a little till motorola phones (i told him i wasn't a fan a htc phones) come out because they have "not been told anything about the 4g plans increasing for the rest of the year". I don't know if he was full of c*&( or he really doesnt know.

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
How long does it take VZ to "flip" a phone? Quite a few phones come back within a day or two because of a variety of minor issues, or the person just didn't like it. I know the have to send it back in... I just wonder if it takes a week or a month to "certify"?

(from Beka's DX)

great question. Thats a huge determining factor in my decision. i hope a week or two!

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I was in a similar situation as the O.P. I had a Blackberry Storm 2 and regardless of what VZW techs did to it, it would reboot on it's own. After my 5th one, a rep said there was no point to send me another CLNR phone when they all had the same issue, so I was sent a Vortex since I told him was fed up with Blackberry at that point. The rep agreed and sent me the Vortex. He also noted my account that I am eligible for my phone (which will be a Droid.....probably the Bionic), for $180, before any other discounts. So, I guess it all depends on who you speak to.

Congrats on the new phone!! I currently have a Vortex and I love it. My next one will probably be the Bionic.

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
the bionic will be my next phone

My droid x replacement will be here soon.

i decided to go with the bionic. when i can get a cln of course.

the thunderbolt just has too many issues for me to be comfortable with it. plus the battery is just too tiny for a good charge.

anybody hear that the bionic is supposed to have a finger scanner like the atrix? that would be sweet.

Reaction score
LOL at all the people giving him ****.

wait until the bionic comes out, then use the TB and bionic side by side to see which one you like more. i'm waiting for the bionic ;p

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
LOL at all the people giving him ****.

wait until the bionic comes out, then use the TB and bionic side by side to see which one you like more. i'm waiting for the bionic ;p

same here man! im hoping it will have a finger scanner like the atrix. not because i will actually use. but because, i dont want all my apple fanboy friends to have a single thing to say the next ifail will be better. I know that sounds dumb but i get constant negative attitude about my droid x because it doesnt have a front facing camera even though its an amazing phone.