[Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/11

sudoin

Reaction score
Thanks TapOut.

After installing EB01DB_DXC, everything is working (only been up for a couple of minutes, though). I'm really new to the Fascinate scene, so I have no clue what the problem is. I was under the assumption that these packages where utilizing the same radios/kernels? Why would EB01DB_DXC work for me but not EC16SC29_DXC?

I'm going to go ahead with the walkthrough you posted and I'll come back with my results.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Really? That sounds badass...but right now I'm yearning for some ice cream that may never come if ya know what I mean.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really? That sounds badass...but right now I'm yearning for some ice cream that may never come if ya know what I mean.

yea i hear ya...we still have alot to look forward to with Gingerbread and still awaiting source code etc...Its just gonna keep getting better

soulshot96

Reaction score
I know...Google's awesome. I'm thinking about saving some money for a galaxy tab 10.1. now that looks cool. Engadet said it was the only honeycomb tab that's got it right...so right that it beat the ipad 2. I'm jealous of the devs at Google io.

joe zack

Reaction score
when installing EB01DB_DXC,or any firmware dos the radio and firmware versions change like will upgrade too...?and what is the best version to install anyway thankx................

joe zack

Reaction score
one more question?
First you will need to download and place on your sd card update.zip,?
why do i need this update.zip sice aim using odin v1.3?can any one answer me thank you in advance..............

Nas

Reaction score
one more question?
First you will need to download and place on your sd card update.zip,?
why do i need this update.zip sice aim using odin v1.3?can any one answer me thank you in advance..............
I would follow this Link to root your phone

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-development/140966-just-suggestion.html

Then i would find a ROM, i would go with Evil fascinate rom

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...m-ed01-5-25-11-evil-fascination-v3-6-0-a.html

or the Community Rom

[ROM][5.07.2011][ED01]Community Rom V1.3 - xda-developers

You might want to find a Kernal you
can find them here..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...3-roms-kernels-themes-list-all-one-guide.html

aardvark502

Reaction score
Hi if im already on eb01 can i use the super clean package that doesnt wipe your data or will that screw me up thanks!

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi if im already on eb01 can i use the super clean package that doesnt wipe your data or will that screw me up thanks!

Looks like it should be okay. If you experience a bunch of force closes or other problems you'll probably want to do the data wipe.

mpmp0

Reaction score
newbie trying to convince myself to take the leap...read all 50 pages.

i'm running 2.1 update 1, and my situation is different from most of you, i believe--i do not use my Fascinate as a phone, only as an internet/multimedia device thru wifi.

since i do not have service with Verizon, it won't be possible for me to get an update even if it is released, correct? i read some where that updates thru InnoPath ActiveCare can't be done over wifi, correct?

so i might as well try this procedure if i ever want to get ANY update, correct?

thanks.

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
newbie trying to convince myself to take the leap...read all 50 pages.

i'm running 2.1 update 1, and my situation is different from most of you, i believe--i do not use my Fascinate as a phone, only as an internet/multimedia device thru wifi.

since i do not have service with Verizon, it won't be possible for me to get an update even if it is released, correct? i read some where that updates thru InnoPath ActiveCare can't be done over wifi, correct?

so i might as well try this procedure if i ever want to get ANY update, correct?

thanks.

Right, it has to be over 3g. It's dumb.

Anyways use this, it's newer and better. [ODIN][04/23/11] ODIN Froyo ED01 packaged ROMs ***UPDATED 05/17/11*** - xda-developers

mpmp0

Reaction score
got 2.2.1 up and running. it's a little glitchy at times (e.g., lights flashing, nonresponsive on/off button), but i can feel an increase in speed that makes it worth it (again, i just use mine for the wifi/multimedia, never a phone).

hecantbreathe--i didn't realize that your method was different from the earlier one (RIF...duh). i wouldn't do it for a while, and probably just out of curiosity's sake, but if i decide to use your method, can i just do it on top of what i've already done?

thanks to all.

joe zack

Reaction score
dosany one tell me the ED03 can change the only baseband version but the build number is still say DL09 I GUESS THE RADIO firmware its not include this file ED03?THANKS FOR HELP......