[Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/11

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

icon1.gif
[Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/15

All credit goes to DroidXCon over at Android Forums...

Orig link: [Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25 - Android Forums

These packages include EB01 Kernel, Modem, recovery. It also includes root, super user application and clockwork mod for froyo all included.
************************************************** ************************************************** ****
THIS PACKAGE WILL WIPE YOUR DATA AND CACHE, BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS BACKUP ANY DATA THAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU.
AND AS ALWAYS NEITHER I NOR ANDROID CENTRAL ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HACK OR MODIFICATION YOU DO ON YOUR DEVICE.

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

Post #3 has a visual walkthrough of how to use Odin

To install
1. First you will need to download and place on your sd card update.zip, download here Update.zip

Download and install drivers on your computer HERE

2. Next you will need a Froyo tar file which will be placed in the PDA section of odin.

Download your flavor of Froyo Below

Full Stock Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod

EB01_DXC.tar

Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod

EB01DB_DXC.tar

Super Clean version 2.9 - EB01/EC16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection

RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EC16SC29_DXC.tar

Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection

RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->Pulled

WARNING: NO DATA WIPE MAY CAUSE FC IF COMING FROM ECLAIR, FULL WIPE IS RECOMMENDED
Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod with MALWARE protection THIS VERSION DOES NOT WIPE DATA
(TESTED by Standupdad Please thank him)
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EC10SC292x_DXC.tar

3.) You will need to download Odin application tool found here ODIN or ODIN mirror
4.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
5.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
6.) Remove battery from phone.
7.) Launch ODIN on PC.
8.) Plug USB cable into phone.
9.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
10.) Press and hold the volume-down key until you see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode.(Please see 2nd picture in post #3)You can now release the volume key. At this point you will see a yellow com port in the upper left hand corner of the Odin applicate. .(Please see 3rd picture in post #3)

11.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell.

12.) Choose the .tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button.(this should take approx 3 to 6mins)
13.) Phone will power down when finished.
14.) Remove USB cable.
15.) Reinsert battery.
16.) Power phone and wait to boot approx 4mins

Congrats you are done you now have Rooted Froyo with new clockwork installed if/when you need it.

NOTE DO NOT FLASH ROM MANAGER RECOVERY IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE

Extracting a compressed file (ex. zip or rar)

1.) Download and install Winrar HERE

2.) Locate the compressed file you would like to extract
1-2.png

3.)Right mouse click on the file icon a drop down menu will appear , select Extract Here
2-1.png

4.) You will then see a progress pop up window that will appear then when completed will close itself
3-2.png

5.)This will leave an extracted file in the destination folder
4-1.png

Congrats you have successfully extracted the compressed file it is now ready for use
biggrin.gif

First you must download
Odin v1.3

Once odin is downloaded open it, its an executable file so when you open it you will see the following :

1tut-1.png

Once this is up, do the following
-Remove the battery from your Device
-Plug in the USB cord
-Hold down the Volume Down button until you see a big bright triangle on your screen , underneath it will say Downloading and beneath that it will say Do not turn off target
Samsung_Galaxy_S_Download_Mode.jpg

At this point you will see one of the boxes in the corner turn yellow, letting you know there is a connection
5tut-1.png

after you are connected you want to hit the PDA button, NEVER PHONE, phone will erase your modem and you will have trouble connecting after that at all.
2tut-1.png

when you click the PDA button a pop up will appear and you will need to select the file you would like to flash and then click open

now you will see the file appear in the PDA window....with connection made and the file in the PDA window, you may now hit Start

5tut-3.png
Once you hit start this process Should take approx. 5 mins if you are returning to stock . shouldnt take any less time than that and not much more. So dont start freaking out at min 2...(wait till min 7) lol

If you are flashing a Clockworkmod file it should take approx 7seconds.

Once it says finished/reboot it is safe to unplug , put your battery in and boot up..

Troubleshooting:

• Reboot your computer
  • Redownload the odin package
  • Use USB ports in the back of the computer, if you already are use a different port
  • Make sure you did not forget to remove battery from phone (Should be out the ENTIRE process)
  • make sure Odin is the only application running and Antivirus is DISABLED
  • If you are using a laptop make sure its plugged in also find the nearest desktop and try from there

Resolution
First off DO NOT PANIC. there is a simple solution, just remove the battery , plug the phone into the computer, press and hold volume down and it will enter download mode. Please review all the steps oulined in this thread and try and flash again

Last edited:

ohfire

Reaction score
Been trying since last night to download any of these files. the download will never complete, it always stops at some point and just sits there.

dkupper76

Reaction score
Works good so far!

I spent almost all day trying to root, find, and install a custom ROM on my Fascinate. I previously had a stock ROM that came with the phone, that worked good until Verizon and Samsung pushed an update to me. When I got the update, I started getting DRM Notifications, that caused my phone to freeze up or reboot. I troubleshoot with Verizon and Samsung to no avail. Then the reboots and freezes came more often with and without the DRM notificatiions. At a friends suggestion, I decided to try Rooting, and Putting a Custom ROM on the phone. I spent all day trying to go to a custom ROM, and none of the others worked for me. So far, this one appears to be working good. I will let you know in a couple days, if it continues to work good.

Thank you so much for this forum with the instructions, the new ROM, and everything else!

Thanks,

Daryl

ziggy484

Reaction score
So if i can do this all with odin, that means i dont have to root first right?

Sent from my stock 2.1 unrooted, fully bloated (for now) Fascinate

ziggy484

Reaction score
Also, i dont have install clockwork before beginning? And if the ota froyo comes can i just use my trusty all in one adrynalyn di01 package to get back to stock?

Sent from my stock 2.1 unrooted, fully bloated (for now) Fascinate

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes this is an all in one package that brings u up to the latest EB01 Froyo build with root and new clockwork via ODIN....if u accept a VZW update it will unroot u and you can just use this ODIN tar to get back to EB01 rooted etc....but then again if thats the case just dont accept the update so u dont have to fool with it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

stuckonashelf

Reaction score
i got root and 2.2.1 but not clockwork. When i goto recovery it shows samsung recovrery?

collinjm01

Reaction score
12.) Choose the EB01_DXC.tar file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button.(this should take approx 9mins)

This only took me like 4 mins and it was done. But so far so good!
ALL YOU DEVS ARE WHAT MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND! :D :D

pncntigger

Reaction score
Thank you for this. Just Odin to DL09 then up to EB01 the "long way" this morning before I found this lol. I just tried it and it works perfectly. It will def save me some time in the future. Thanks again to everyone that made this possible.

millwood

Reaction score
Questions

I am completely new at this and have been reading for a couple of weeks about how to do this. I have gathered so far that this method works great and that I will be able to update to an EB01 Rom doing this. It is also my understanding that this will wipe all of my data (contacts, ringtones, pictures, apps etc....). How does one go about saving these items to reinstall back onto the phone at a later date when done? Sorry for the newbie question. I have tried unsuccessfully to find an answer here. If there is a thread just point me in the right direction and I will gladly read. Thanks.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am completely new at this and have been reading for a couple of weeks about how to do this. I have gathered so far that this method works great and that I will be able to update to an EB01 Rom doing this. It is also my understanding that this will wipe all of my data (contacts, ringtones, pictures, apps etc....). How does one go about saving these items to reinstall back onto the phone at a later date when done? Sorry for the newbie question. I have tried unsuccessfully to find an answer here. If there is a thread just point me in the right direction and I will gladly read. Thanks.

your google account will sync your market apps/history, contacts, some settings etc...using the ODIN files in this thread you can flash a rooted EB01 Froyo rom that will have the corresponding EB01 modem, custom Clockwork mod recovery and EB01 kernel.....basically its like starting from scratch, right outta the box.....its best to do it this way when coming from 2.1 to 2.2 because apps and data are NOT compatible across builds....make sense?

Once you do this and sync your google account, redownload apps etc you can boot into custom recovery and make a backup of your phone as it is then so you will always have something to fall back on in case you have issues in the future etc......until you have SU permissions and a custom recovery, no, there is no way to truly backup your apps, data, etc

Last edited: