Odd menu problem with Fission 2.4.3 (extended menu virtually invisible?!)

zycamaniac

Reaction score
Hello there, I've just got my Droid2 Global to replace my Acer Liquid, and as I already was using an rooted/custom rom android phone, I proceed to root D2G and install fission rom on it as well.

It is running Fission 2.4.3 and a few other options, and for some reason, the extended menu in programs is now displayed black on semi-transparent gray background, rendering it virtually invisible in program that does not light the screen up.

Here's a screen of the Astro player in the regular menu:
dsc04325c.jpg

When I clicked on the "More" button... I and faced with what I'd call "More is less"...:
dsc04326c.jpg

I didn't understand why was that, and didn't have any idea that there were things that I can choose in the seemingly blank menu, I found out more when I was using google map, as you can see the the pics below, please bear with the different language, but I think it show the idea still.

Google map's menu:
dsc04327ch.jpg

And when I hit "More" button:
dsc04328c.jpg

As you can see, all the menu choices are now in black text, and with a transparent gray background, it is very hard to see if not impossible in most cases.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

My idea of how this happen is that I have tried three themes in the Fission Rom Manager:

Gingerbread Themes:
I installed the themes in the following order, as I found out I really don't like the black status bar.
Default Status bar -> Black status bar (transitions) -> Black status bar (no transitions) -> Default status bar.

I'm wondering if there could be some problem with switching between those themes and cause the menu to show up like that?

Can anyone tell me how to fix/change that? I really don't want to reset it all and start over again.

Thanks!

David

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Try reflashing Fission (without wiping data/cache) and it should be fine. Sometimes flashing different things like that doesnt clean up the one thats being replaced so you end up with that happening. Its recommended to flash the base rom before using another theme/mod.

OP
Z

zycamaniac

Reaction score
Try reflashing Fission (without wiping data/cache) and it should be fine. Sometimes flashing different things like that doesnt clean up the one thats being replaced so you end up with that happening. Its recommended to flash the base rom before using another theme/mod.

Thanks a bunch, it is working fine now. dancedroid Since the themes seems to wipe out all the launcher's icon and widget setup, I'll refrain from loading the themes for the moment, even tho the original theme's status bar icon does look a bit dorky.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Your welcome :)

If you have any other problems feel free to pm me.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2