Odd display behavior

Calfuray

Reaction score
I'm having some odd issues with my D2G. When I lock the screen it turns the display off as it should initially. However, it will turn the display back on at random, stay on for about 10 seconds and turn it back off only to turn it back on about 10 seconds later. It does this about five or six times and then stops. And a random interval later it starts it again. Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to stop it?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I'm having some odd issues with my D2G. When I lock the screen it turns the display off as it should initially. However, it will turn the display back on at random, stay on for about 10 seconds and turn it back off only to turn it back on about 10 seconds later. It does this about five or six times and then stops. And a random interval later it starts it again. Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to stop it?

Any app installations before this started happening?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Sounds like the screen sliding mechanism may be faulty, try jiggling it and such to see if you can make it act up.

OP
C

Calfuray

Reaction score
It would appear that your assessment is correct. As long as the slider is covering the keyboard it does this. However if the slider is extended to expose the keyboard, it operates as it should. I presume that there is no way to fix this without buying parts.

Edit: Well that was short lived. Now it does it in both states...

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
It would appear that your assessment is correct. As long as the slider is covering the keyboard it does this. However if the slider is extended to expose the keyboard, it operates as it should. I presume that there is no way to fix this without buying parts.

Edit: Well that was short lived. Now it does it in both states...

I doubt you will find the necessary parts, maybe a device on eBay with broke screen or bad ESN.