Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just had something similar happen. Turned it on while brushing my teeth. When I left the bedroom, the initial boot screen was up. Came back & the power button wouldn't turn the screen on, no matter what I did. Booting into recovery by holding volume down with power got me up & running again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Just had something similar happen. Turned it on while brushing my teeth. When I left the bedroom, the initial boot screen was up. Came back & the power button wouldn't turn the screen on, no matter what I did. Booting into recovery by holding volume down with power got me up & running again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Now I tried that with no success.
Do u press both buttons at the same time
or one before the other?

Nvidia charger due to arrive tomorrow.
Will have review by the weekend.

I played World of tanks for 3.75 hours straight. Started with 98% battery finished with 28%. Tablet WAS plugged in with phone charger and charging during.

Played again tonight. Just battery. 99% to 20%, 2 hrs. 40 minutes. Not impressed.

Tomorrow I'll do same with Droid turbo and compare.

Weekend I'll do it all over using correct charger with shield tablet.

=^.".^=

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Looking forward to it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Looking like a vast improvement with the Nvidia charger.

As I said, 3.75 hrs. with the phone charger plugged in and playing World Of Tanks. 98% to 28%.

I started again at 98% and have been playing for 45 minutes and it went up to 99%.

It never went upward with the phone charger.

More as it develops. :-D

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Tablet has been in sleep/hibernate for 13 hours now and battery is at 95%. Not connected to charger.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Tablet has been in sleep/hibernate for 13 hours now and battery is at 95%. Not connected to charger.

My Droid turbo would be below 75% in that amount of time.
This charger recharges the tablet's battery a lot quicker than
my phones charger. I highly recommend it.

I also like the Nvidia's Shield cover. A tad pricey but I can live with it.

>"<

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Installed Marshmallow yesterday. Left the tablet on over night, which I never really do and only lost about 4-5% battery. Wish I would've tried that previously to have a better gauge on if doze/etc. are having an effect on battery life.

I left it on as well when I left for work this morning. Would like to be able to leave it on, but sleeping around the clock so I'm more likely to pick it up and use it for things before bedtime.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
These battery posts are really convincing me to get one. I really want a gaming tablet too. N7 2013 is getting up there plus I have to use wireless charging to charge it because of the bad port.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I feel your pain buddy. My K1 replaced my N7 2012. The NVIDIA is light years better. And the front-facing speakers. They make even the cheesiest of games sound amazing. With those on my tablet and my phone now, I'm never going back. Gonna limit my options in the years to come if more OEMs don't get onboard...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
SOT is only about 40 minutes, but I'm liking these results. At this rate, I could come home & play games & etc on this tablet without waiting for it to boot or needing to charge it.
9687032ce346e0039bdbe49d420cec34.jpg

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Installed Marshmallow yesterday. Left the tablet on over night, which I never really do and only lost about 4-5% battery. Wish I would've tried that previously to have a better gauge on if doze/etc. are having an effect on battery life.

I left it on as well when I left for work this morning. Would like to be able to leave it on, but sleeping around the clock so I'm more likely to pick it up and use it for things before bedtime.

Question about Marshmallow.

On my tablet with lollipop, I can video record my game playing and save in my quickpic.

Does marshmallow allow this also?

Thanks!