Notification Bar

elwood1229

Reaction score
Silly question here. I have seen it posted before and did a search of several forums but cannot find the thread. Decided I would start a separate thread that would hopefully clear up this mystery.

I am trying to update the colors in system>user interface>Notification Colors. I know about the notification bar but I am not sure what the specific items the names refer to. For instance, what is the "notification ticker?" What does "notification count" refer to? What is the "Item title?"

In my particular case, I have all the colors changed except for the text on the "Clear" button on the drop down notification window. I have tried several of the items listed but don't know what it is called therefore I can't be confident I have it changed.

If someone knows a thread that defines the list, it would be most helpful. If someone can tell me what the text on the "clear" button is called, I would be especially grateful. Thank you!

Elwood

OP
E

elwood1229

Reaction score
Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for, I just wasn't looking in the Sapphire forum. One note for other noob's--#00000000 doesn't mean black text, it means invisible text. To ok me two reboots to figure that one out. :)

erict

Reaction score
In the notification bar it will sometimes display a box with a white letter M. Does this mean message? Does it display this anytime I get a text or e-mail?

vatothe0

Reaction score
Open the notification and find out.

Sent from my DROIDX² using Tapatalk Pro

UNC

Reaction score
In the notification bar it will sometimes display a box with a white letter M. Does this mean message? Does it display this anytime I get a text or e-mail?

A white box with a red M is Gmail... don't know bout a white M.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm stumped on the white M also.

Will it let you click on it?

And if it is your email it will let you turn off notification's in your notification bar. Go email/more/setting's and click notification's.

erict

Reaction score
Ya that's gmail.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Here is a pick of the "M". In the upper left corner.

View attachment 19392

Lol, thats the gmail notification. Just go into gmail and deselect notifications if you don't want to see it.

I'm a noob with the Droid so bare with me:biggrin: I use Yahoo and see it's symbol in the notification bar but this showed up one day along with it and wasn't sure what it was. If I remember, there was a message sent via gmail from them and this must have been the reason why it was there. I will have to pay closer attention next time it shows up. They must send out periodic e-mails then?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google very infrequetly sends out emails to gmail users but it happens. I just got one yesterday so that may be the same email. I think that's what you were asking.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cheryl57

Reaction score
I have got the picture of a phone receiver that looks like it is off the hook in my notification bar. I am not in the middle of a call. I have shut down my phone as well as removed the battery and it is still there. This icon does not seem to show up in my manual. Can anyone tell me what this icon means?

Thanks so much for the help. I do love my droid pro.

motiond

Reaction score
Missed call maybe? Check your call log it might go awaythen?