Notification that wont go away!

NattyBee

Reaction score
Great, thank you all. It seems pretty cool so far. Only thing that's throwing me off a little bit is the process to actually send a new message seems a little bit more tedious. Is it necessary to register an online acct?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Nope, that online account crap is just for certain Handcent services...
Sending texts is equally as easy as sending them on stock app...and in fact it gives you the option to easily send to multiple recipients...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
H
Reaction score
Hmm. Initiating a single new message, I have to select the contact, then hit menu and select "end selection". Maybe I'm just lazy lol. Still very small in comparison to that constantly appearing message can't be sent notification.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Hmm. Initiating a single new message, I have to select the contact, then hit menu and select "end selection". Maybe I'm just lazy lol. Still very small in comparison to that constantly appearing message can't be sent notification.

?? Open Handcent...In upper right corner is the compose new message button...looks like a paper & pen...touch that. Then in the "to:" box , type the name you want...suggestions will pop up just like stock...or, just to the right of the "To:" box, hit the "+" button and check the contacts you want to send to, then go back. Then type your message and click "send" to send ;)

OP
H
Reaction score
Oo.. yah when I start typing the contact, no suggestions show. Then I have to hit the +, select the contact, then hit menu and select end selection.

OP
H
Reaction score
Ah ha! I got it. I'm a dork. I was misspelling the contact's name I was trying to have it suggest.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Oo.. yah when I start typing the contact, no suggestions show. Then I have to hit the +, select the contact, then hit menu and select end selection.

I know you got it already, but for purposes of sending to multiple people: hit the "+" and make your selections...then hit the back key. That will take you back to your text with one less step, LOL