Facebook Notification Issue

MissJ420

Reaction score
I just purchased the Droid Pro a few weeks ago. I am using the Facebook Widget to view the latest status updates from my FB friends and one to update/view my own Facebook status. I also have the Facebook application if I want to view the mobile Facebook. I have the Facebook app set up to notify me of any new messages, requests, events.. the LED light is supposed to blink as well as a notification icon to appear when I get new FB things. I have not received a FB notification in a couple weeks now. I have had people comment on stuff or reply back to me and not once do i receive anything through the phone. I have to go in and look in the FB App and click on notifications to see if anything has happened. Is anyone else having this same issue of not receiving notifications? How do i fix it so it works like it's supposed to?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I just purchased the Droid Pro a few weeks ago. I am using the Facebook Widget to view the latest status updates from my FB friends and one to update/view my own Facebook status. I also have the Facebook application if I want to view the mobile Facebook. I have the Facebook app set up to notify me of any new messages, requests, events.. the LED light is supposed to blink as well as a notification icon to appear when I get new FB things. I have not received a FB notification in a couple weeks now. I have had people comment on stuff or reply back to me and not once do i receive anything through the phone. I have to go in and look in the FB App and click on notifications to see if anything has happened. Is anyone else having this same issue of not receiving notifications? How do i fix it so it works like it's supposed to?

OG droid here, but I don't think fb notifications have ever worked properly on any android device

struong57

Reaction score
I'll be switching to iPhone in about a week and Facebook notifications should work like a champ again. ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Scrump218

Reaction score
I am having this same problem and need help on how I can fix it. My notifications and when I would receive an instant message from someone I used to gt notified almost immediately but for some reason now its stopped and even if I go to the chat part I don't see any instant messages from anyone. I haven't changed anything, it just stopped all of a sudden. Help! Can anyone help me solve this problem?

freaksnail

Reaction score
I have your answer!

I hope this works for everyone. I posted this in the Verizon discussion board on Facebook.

For those of you still having problems......a FB user named Kevin posted this in another discussion board. I just did it, and i'll be the first to tell every one, IT WORKS! Please try it..and if you have success let us know in here.

When you go to register your phone number, instead of selecting Verizon, select AT&T. Then you text facebook whatever letter it asked.

*It gave me the same prompt on the screen, text the letter "F" without quotations to 32665.*

Janet1025

Reaction score
I hope this works for everyone. I posted this in the Verizon discussion board on Facebook.

For those of you still having problems......a FB user named Kevin posted this in another discussion board. I just did it, and i'll be the first to tell every one, IT WORKS! Please try it..and if you have success let us know in here.

When you go to register your phone number, instead of selecting Verizon, select AT&T. Then you text facebook whatever letter it asked.

*It gave me the same prompt on the screen, text the letter "F" without quotations to 32665.*

When does it ask to register your number?? I don't recall??

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

When does it ask to register your number?? I don't recall??

It doesn't for the app. The poster must be referring to some sort of SMS notifications.

freaksnail

Reaction score
Yes....I was referring to the SMS Notifications through Facebook mobile. Under your account settings for FB there is a "mobile" tab. Click it and it will say register for facebook mobile. I know this has been a big problem on the Verizon network. But I am happy to say..mine are working again. But the app notifications still are not working.:icon_evil:

freaksnail

Reaction score
Switching to the iphone now would be.....um....not smart...because we all know in less than a year....Apple will have another iphone ready for Verizon...and you will be left behind again.....DROIDS forever!dancedroid

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I'll be switching to iPhone in about a week and Facebook notifications should work like a champ again. ;)

Too bad you won't have good notifications for anything else then.

grinch61

Reaction score

Thank you! It worked and I was finally able to get a code. I have been searching on line for a month trying to figure out why my FB notifications just stopped all of a sudden!

Jordan8

Reaction score
I use the app called Flow for facebook. It has an option to intercept gmail messages from facebook, & putting it into a notification. Which basically gives you working, PUSH notifications. The og facebook app notifications have never worked for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App