Notification Bar

sjelias30

Reaction score
Weird Z icon on Notification Panel

I have a weird Z icon on my notification panel that I cannot get rid of. My first thought is that it has something to do with Zappos, which comes pre-installed on Verizon and cannot be removed. I disabled Zappos but I still see this icon in the notification panel. When I pull down notifications it disappears. Any thoughts on a) what is is, and b) how to get rid of it. Thanks.

Psykho

Reaction score
I have a weird Z icon on my notification panel that I cannot get rid of. My first thought is that it has something to do with Zappos, which comes pre-installed on Verizon and cannot be removed. I disabled Zappos but I still see this icon in the notification panel. When I pull down notifications it disappears. Any thoughts on a) what is is, and b) how to get rid of it. Thanks.

I think it's the nfc icon...

mattbooty

Reaction score
Pinch it. The notifications can be expanded. Pull down the noti bar and pinch the email to expand it. It should stay like that afterwards.

These instructions work, but it seems like it resets everytime... for the longest time when I pulled down the notifications, the emails were already expanded into preview mode, now they are always just a single line and I have to pinch each time to get them to expand... Is there a way to set this as the default?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I've had the DNA for a little over a week and love it. I used to like it more when my Gmail and Plume (twitter) notifications showed like this

View attachment 59055

Now they just look like old style notifications, not the "big" ones with options to interact with the apps or see as much. Any ideas?

I have the exact same issue.. it just started a few days ago.
Nothing seems to get it back to showing the large format notifications :(

mattbooty

Reaction score
FYI, I figured out a workaround on my DNA. If you pull down notifications you see the wifi notification on top, if you long press it, press on app info, then force stop, it removes that wifi notification (until the next reboot), and since then i've had the expanded notifications back again.

I don't remember closing that wifi notification before, so I'm not sure why it did show them and then stopped, but this does seem to bring it back.