Note 7 facts on the incidents based on actual reports

Briankbl

Reaction score
What about those that ordered a new phone like the Pixel XL. Mine is coming Monday thank God. But those who have to wait longer. That are Note 7 owners. What do they do if it this is their only phone until there new phone arrives. If Verizon went along with the phone being cut off like At&t and Sprint. What are they to do in the time between in something that is not their fault ? Should they cancel their Pre-order and choose a phone they do not like. Or pay out more money for a pay as you go phone, or just go with out until the phone arrives? In all cases it is not the owners fault!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Recalls are never the fault of the owners, but it's life and you have to roll with it. Look at it this way:
If Verizon WANTED to, they could offer hold-over phones until the phone you ordered came in. Simple solution, right? If Verizon chooses not to do that, be upset with them, not Samsung.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Not at all. Just the ones that had nothing good to say about the phone from the beginning. Before the recall, and supposed fires. The guys who put those who decided to keep their Note 7 were put in negative light by others.

To be fair, those that decide to keep their recalled Note 7's could be putting others at risk. Everyone should be responsible and just return the damn phone instead of risking their, and other people's, safety.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Recalls are never the fault of the owners, but it's life and you have to roll with it. Look at it this way:
If Verizon WANTED to, they could offer hold-over phones until the phone you ordered came in. Simple solution, right? If Verizon chooses not to do that, be upset with them, not Samsung.
It is not that easy when you use it for work. I am not upset with Samsung. I will go back as soon as the next Note gets released. Since I am on Verizon that would of been my situation. I have friends whi are still waiting on their Pixels. We all blocked all the updates. It will not affect us regardless. I can still charge to 100%.

557915e76189117204f879b0b1b67488.jpg

Also my phone does not get warmer then 92 degrees.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
To be fair, those that decide to keep their recalled Note 7's could be putting others at risk. Everyone should be responsible and just return the damn phone instead of risking their, and other people's, safety.
I guess we agree to disagree on this one. Although I will be giving up my Note 7 and my friends also. I still believe some of the Note 7's are just as safe as the iPhone's that caught fire!

Briankbl

Reaction score
I guess we agree to disagree on this one. Although I will be giving up my Note 7 and my friends also. I still believe some of the Note 7's are just as safe as the iPhone's that caught fire!

No one ever thinks it's gonna happen to them...until it does.

Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, the term voluntary has nothing to do with whether you have to return the device. In this case, voluntary is a market term for Samsung deciding to enact the recall on their own without the government ordering them to do so. It's a term used for litigation purposes after the fact showing that Samsung was being proactive and didn't wait to be ordered to remove the devices from the market place.

This was never a voluntary recall for the consumers. If you have a Note 7, Samsung had ordered you to return it. Please do so.
Your last point is wrong! Samsung can't order us to do anything! Call it an oversight, call it stupid, call us idiots, call us whatever you like! Point is we don't have to comply! Hence all the drama and steps Sammy is taking to force us to comply by hobbling the device! There aren't even any penalties! Now, if Sammy had refused and the CPSC had gone to court to make this recall mandatory for Samsung, then there might be some penalties for us consumers not complying! Nice try!
54925f3b7e2f0964dbaf3ea37c70ae95.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, the term voluntary has nothing to do with whether you have to return the device. In this case, voluntary is a market term for Samsung deciding to enact the recall on their own without the government ordering them to do so. It's a term used for litigation purposes after the fact showing that Samsung was being proactive and didn't wait to be ordered to remove the devices from the market place.

This was never a voluntary recall for the consumers. If you have a Note 7, Samsung had ordered you to return it. Please do so.
Please explain your definition of voluntary.
Nobody had a threat of incarceration, financial penalty or physical harm by the government or any corporation if they didn't comply. It was simply "buyer beware, we accidentally released a potentially dangerous product and for your safety you should return it".

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Voluntary recall by manufacturer, as in nobody ordered Samsung to make the recall, the company decided on it's own.

Consumer can do what ever they want with their phone but I'm pretty sure samsung's liability for damages will cease to exist following update that bricks the device.

Reaction score
Voluntary recall by manufacturer, as in nobody ordered Samsung to make the recall, the company decided on it's own.

Consumer can do what ever they want with their phone but I'm pretty sure samsung's liability for damages will cease to exist following update that bricks the device.
No, only a repair can do that! And Sammy's not repairing because they supposedly don't yet know what the problem is. Look at it another way. Given the way they've been acting do you think UPS is suddenly going to ship a Note 7 without a fireproof box just because it can no longer charge? I don't think so!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk