Note 7 Explosion Causes House Fire In The USA

Briankbl

Reaction score
You really think in today's world someone wouldn't?......I wanna live where ever it is you do since apparently everyone is honest as can be lol. I'm not saying for sure every case is a fraud but to say there aren't people trying to exploit this trying to cash in on millions is bonkers.
So someone's house burns down and your immediate reaction is "they must be trying to scam their insurance!" Someone's vehicle goes up in flames..."look at them trying to cash in!" Really??? I'm glad I don't share your world views.

S-pen'd from my Note 7!

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
So someone's house burns down and your immediate reaction is "they must be trying to scam their insurance!" Someone's vehicle goes up in flames..."look at them trying to cash in!" Really??? I'm glad I don't share your world views.

S-pen'd from my Note 7!
Maybe we missed the part where I said "I'm not saying for sure every case is a fraud" You're making it seem like it would be impossible that someone is crazy enough to try and do fraud. I'm just simply pointing out that it's not such a crazy idea. Like FoxKat said it could be the desperate parent trying to better their family's life, or the actual piece of trash just doing trash things. I like that you would rather see the honest person, but you have to also acknowledge it could very well be the opposite.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Maybe we missed the part where I said "I'm not saying for sure every case is a fraud" You're making it seem like it would be impossible that someone is crazy enough to try and do fraud. I'm just simply pointing out that it's not such a crazy idea. Like FoxKat said it could be the desperate parent trying to better their family's life, or the actual piece of trash just doing trash things. I like that you would rather see the honest person, but you have to also acknowledge it could very well be the opposite.
My point is: assuming someone is doing something shady with no proof is just irresponsible. Why even bring up that kind of talk when nothing is pointing to it?

S-pen'd from my Note 7!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My point is: assuming someone is doing something shady with no proof is just irresponsible. Why even bring up that kind of talk when nothing is pointing to it?

S-pen'd from my Note 7!
You may be right that the individuals have faced a great loss and if so we all would feel for them.

I know that we have posted on here before a while back when a customer said their phone blew up on them and it was a hoax.

Before we get too excited one way or another let's rest this until we allow the facts to surface.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TheCheeze

Reaction score
What part of MI? I'm in West and have to always tell myself that 99% of the people here are in their job solely for a paycheck. They don't care about the job or knowledge of that job. So when the first reports came out about it being a 3rd party charger that's all the further research they did.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Also being from West Michigan (Whitehall/Muskegon) I sadly have to agree 100% with this assessment. Maybe it's just the region but people don't take pride in their jobs and won't go the extra mile for research on them

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Also being from West Michigan (Whitehall/Muskegon) I sadly have to agree 100% with this assessment. Maybe it's just the region but people don't take pride in their jobs and won't go the extra mile for research on them
Lol. Muskegon here.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Me too, regarding the cashing in part.
Who leaves their phone at home? One of the main reasons to have a cell phone (at least for me) is so you if you run into any problems while you're out, or your family needs to get in touch with you, you have a means of communication. It's got nothing to do with being "tethered" to your smartphone 24/7. It's called practicality.
But I also don't live in a big city where you can walk a block and use someone's phone if you need assistance, so there's that.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Me too, regarding the cashing in part.
Who leaves their phone at home? One of the main reasons to have a cell phone (at least for me) is so you if you run into any problems while you're out, or your family needs to get in touch with you, you have a means of communication. It's got nothing to do with being "tethered" to your smartphone 24/7. It's called practicality.
But I also don't live in a big city where you can walk a block and use someone's phone if you need assistance, so there's that.

S5 tap'n
I leave mine at home sometimes BUT because I have a smartwatch that makes calls and other pda stuff. I agree for the non Gear S owners it's pointless to have a smartphone and not use it, especially since you're paying both line charge and data plan charge. I'm a cheap somebody so I'm looking at it from that perspective but those with more dollars than sense might look at it differently.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a note 7 they want to sell? I have a car I don't want anymore.

Stash it in the GF's purse... ;)

Jester80

Reaction score
I have actually been on the phone with Samsung and my Carrier many times discussing this and according to my Carrier this is being classified by Samsung as MISUSE. People are not using Samsung chargers and or chords.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

S-pen'd from my Note 7!
Nobody said this was definitely an insurance fraud case. Nobody said this was deliberately used as a way to "cash in". What they did say was that these things DO happen and for anyone to say they don't is to ignore history, which time and time again proves that there are people who will take this "opportunity" to "cash in" as you put it.

Look, the article mentioned this was not a completed investigation and that it had not been conclusively determined to be the phone at the center of the car fire. What IS the news in this news post is that Samsung IS supporting the claim and helping the owner to get back what was lost. Samsung isn't crying foul, and so I really don't suspect foul play in this case.

Still, we must ALL realize that although people are innocent until proven guilty, there are those who are actually guilty and are either found guilty and convicted, or are able to escape prosecution even though they are. Likewise, there are times when our legal system fails and places innocent people under convictions and penalty, so we must ALL be careful not to accuse anyone carelessly and without due cause.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

S-pen'd from my Note 7!
And I think we ALL agree with you here. The issue wasn't raised by the OP so much as it was interpreted from information provided in the news report cited. If the jury is out, there remains suspicion. Until the investigation is over and a decision or determination has been made, we can be curious and look at all the possibilities in a debate, but I saw nobody here saying unequivocally that the person whose Jeep burned up was committing fraud.

Folks, let's keep this thread a little lower on the temperature gauge. We all have our own opinions and we are all entitled to that opinion. Let's respect each other and if we disagree, let's keep it a debate and not anything more heated.

Briankbl

Reaction score
http://goo.gl/k9TxK1

I am beginning to wonder how many of these stories are legit and how many are looking for a payday.

This is the original post I responded to earlier. I'm quoting again just to be clear. Of course I understand that there are some people out there looking to capitalize on things like this. However, really look at the above post. pc747 posts a link and underneath alludes to the victim, and others, "looking for a payday", questioning the validity of their claims, with no proof to back up his theory. I'm sorry, but that's wrong. Some guy lost his car. A family lost their house. Until something suspicious turns up, there is no reason to post what he did.

Again, his quote was specifically referencing his linked article.

Anyways, that's my last post on the matter. Have a great night all.

S-pen'd from my Note 7!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm just happy I didn't get a Note 7 like I really really wanted. Maybe when the safe batch becomes available, they will lower the price.

Samsung will also have to have some way for consumers to know that a used N7's they may want to buy is one that is not from their first batch. Maybe rename it to Note 7s (s for safe, lol). I am sure there will be many people that don't return their phones and then they'll be up for sale next year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm just happy I didn't get a Note 7 like I really really wanted. Maybe when the safe batch becomes available, they will lower the price.

Samsung will also have to have some way for consumers to know that a used N7's they may want to buy is one that is not from their first batch. Maybe rename it to Note 7s (s for safe, lol). I am sure there will be many people that don't return their phones and then they'll be up for sale next year.

Guess that's already been taken care of...

http://www.droidforums.net/index.php?threads/290754/