Samsung Is Confident They Have Found The Cause Of The Note 7 Fires.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When the first several reports of Note 7 fires emerged Samsung was fairly quick to respond with a recall. They made the quick decision to replace those initial recalled units with units originating from another factory that had yet to experience the issue. Samsung had not really verified that the problem did not exist in those units. When those units began to catch fire Samsung had to recall the rest of the units. Samsung realized they did not understand the actual cause of the devices catching fire.

Samsung launched an internal investigation to figure out exactly what was causing the issue. A few months later and Samsung is claiming they have wrapped up their investigation. They now claim to know the cause of the fires and have sent the results of their findings to the Korea Testing Laboratory and the American safety organization UL. Samsung has not released the report publicly, but we expect the report to be publicly released soon.

via SamMobile

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I wonder how long it will be before the results are released to the public? Days? Weeks?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Beardface

Reaction score
I wonder how long it will be before the results are released to the public? Days? Weeks?

I'm guessing in the leadup to the release of the S8 to instill confidence in the marketplace that they've fixed their problems. I wouldn't hold out hope for them releasing refurbished Note 7 models anytime soon, as it would be a big risk to do so and could negatively impact the popularity of the 2017 models. Most likely, they're going to completely move on from this device and put all of their focus on the 2017 line, with a detailed explanation of why the Note 7 failed and what they did to ensure it doesn't happen again as a major talking point toward that line to show the progress they've made.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Personally I dont think People would be as Cautious with the S8 as opposed to the Note 8. The "Note" Name went from being Legendary to Tainted. So Sad!

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
i-m-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens.png

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's not tainted for me. I can't wait for the next Note and am surely going to get it.

My husband is right there with you Tis! He has a failing note 4 and was about to buy the note 7 when the flames began. He needs either a hard keyboard or a stylus because of his disability. He can dictate to the Google voice thingie but that gets embarrassing words to come out and then he has to correct it anyway. So he's still waiting...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way is the name tainted. People will buy the next revision, Note 8.
There's already a Note8. Their 8" tablet from a few years back so this is the perfect time to change things around there just like when they skipped the Note6 name.
Oh and it wasn't aliens. It was the Russians.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
There's already a Note8. Their 8" tablet from a few years back so this is the perfect time to change things around there just like when they skipped the Note6 name.
Oh and it wasn't aliens. It was the Russians.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

That is right. How can they have a Note 8 when that was the Tablet. Doesn't seem good for them skipping numbers. I think the whole issue with the Note 7 is the curse of the Note 6. I already started investing in my Moto Z Force so unless Samsung really starts groundbreaking it won't be worth going back to Samsung.