Note 4 and PC

Marcial1219

Reaction score
Is there anything special I need to do in order to swap files (music, photos, etc) from my phone to PC? On my Note 2, I could just connect them through the USB cord, and the phone would show up like an external drive. Doesn't seem to be working with Note 4... any tips?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
What exactly DOES happen when you connect the phone to the PC? Does anything popup on the computer? Do you get a notification on the phone?

OP
M

Marcial1219

Reaction score
It shows up as a drive, but when I click on it, there are no folders or anything.

OP
M

Marcial1219

Reaction score
It also prompts me to run "VZW Software Assistant Upgrade", which I have done.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is there a notification on the phone? "Connected via usb" or something like that. Does it give any options when you tap on that notification?

It's been a while since I hooked mine up to my PC and I don't have my cable handy right now, so forgive me for verifying every little thing.

OP
M

Marcial1219

Reaction score
Had not even thought of that... yep... there was a button to touch called "connect as media device"... that did it... thanks!

Reactions: cr6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Sidesync is pretty cool since you can drag and drop files straight onto the onscreen phone that is displayed and it then opens up your onscreen phone like a file browser. It looks like it may hook into MyFiles that ships with the phone.

(This post was typed on my PC's keyboard via my phone that is connected with Sidesync)