Syncing Music on the Note 4

jpr9845

Reaction score
What program do you use to sync music to your Note 4? I am really asking the non-iTunes users, I am not. I tried Kies 3 and out of thousands of songs on my pc it found and only wanted to sync about 250.

I need a program that will look at my Windows media player library and convert if needed and transfer the music.

I tried to just let wmp do it and the Note 4 stock music player could not play the tunes.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Upload them to google play music or Amazon. Takes forever depending on how many you have (I did it with 6000+ songs)

Then you can stream your entire library & /or download favorites for offline listening.

Sent from my Note 4

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Have you tried syncing your phone to Windows Media Player and transferring the music that way?

sent from my sexy Note 4

OP
J

jpr9845

Reaction score
Upload them to google play music or Amazon. Takes forever depending on how many you have (I did it with 6000+ songs)

Then you can stream your entire library & /or download favorites for offline listening.

Sent from my Note 4
I am doing that now, thanx! I didn't even think about that.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I am doing that now, thanx! I didn't even think about that.
Even if you don't pay for All Access or whatever amazon calls their paid service, it's not a bad way to go.

Word to the wise though, sorry you already started if you're using amazon, but, if I remember right, they may have a cap on the space you can use. I could be remembering wrong, however...

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Google music will upload up to 20,000 files for free if you live in a country that supports it. What a deal!
I didn't even realize they had a limit at all.

I have all access, so I do more streaming & downloading lately, but my collection is still in the cloud & listed in my library with others I've added as I went.

Sent from my Note 4

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
never used Google. Amazon has a limit for music not purchased on amazon. Why not use Windows Media Player? Connect your phone, sync music from both internal and external memory to your computer. Pretty easy to do.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sure, it's easy, but I've got tons of music I only listen to on occasion. Why load all of it onto the SD card when I can save space & just stream it on the one time a year (or less) I want to listen to a certain song?

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Then they're not available to stream later. It's free cloud storage. Why wouldn't you take advantage? I set my PC to upload & just let it sit & suddenly all 6000+ songs I owned were available on any device I have internet on including my phone, tablet, PC, logitech revue hooked to my TV & sound system.

Sent from my Note 4

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Then they're not available to stream later. It's free cloud storage. Why wouldn't you take advantage? I set my PC to upload & just let it sit & suddenly all 6000+ songs I owned were available on any device I have internet on including my phone, tablet, PC, logitech revue hooked to my TV & sound system.

Sent from my Note 4
Precisely.

You can also pin them to the local device for off-line listening.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok. That was my concern. That you upload to a cloud then can't play cause you're our of range (airplane, etc).

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's what I meant by download your favorites or whatever I said in my original post. Haha

Couple that with an all access subscription & you can pin any album they have for sale to your device as well for no additional charge.

Sent from my Note 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Google Music for me as well.

I know you can do it with Samsung Kies, but I have only ever used Kies to install drivers for use with Odin and for making a backup prior to rooting.