Note 2 software update.

Tonik

Reaction score
No problems here. Used voodoo root keeper and the update did nuke root but voodoo put it right back.

Mookie

Reaction score
Interesting. My home screen now goes into landscape mode when tilted. Never did this before without an app to force it.

Shortmiddle

Reaction score
Foxfi and PDAnet+ work with the phone, and I'm nervous that they will stop working if I update, any input? A security update doesn't necessarily mean it's security for ME. :)

rumblee1

Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that foxfi works with the galaxy note 2? I thought it didn't?

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
No root brothuh! Personally foxfi isn't my favorite tho

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Nope my note 2 or S 3 is not rooted and fixfi works great on both of them

Cinoib

Reaction score
Many people online are reporting that the update will unroot a rooted device.

I am rooted with root66. I also have Voodoo Root Keeper. Even though Voodoo says in the settings that its useless on the S3 (and hence by extension would be useless on the the Note 2), I temp unrooted, took the update ota, rerooted and still have root verified by Root Checker and a fully functioning Titanium Back up on the Note 2.

I rooted using Odin because that .ExynosAbuse one click apk wouldn't work (in that I took an ota).

Sooooo, root with root66 on Odin, install Voodoo, and you are good to go!

Batman8

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to still flash the original stock image in Odin AFTER installing this update? I'm just curious, in case something happens. I'm just now deciding to go ahead and accept & install this update since it seems to be stable and has now been re-rooted and bootloader unlocked again.