Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available - Please help!

debrad0307

Reaction score
Thanks. If I do this, will it no longer show up my device as modified?

No. If the phone is rooted and has a custom rom flashed then a factory reset wont fix that issue. You will have to flash the stock recovery in order to get the phone completely stock.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

debrad0307

Reaction score
Are you using the original Samsung USB cable? If you aren't that could be part of the problem. Those drivers should be compatible with windows 7. Do you have another computer you can try out? Try switching USB ports on your computer. Make sure that when you connect your phone to your computer the phone isn't connecting as an installer. You want it to be on mass storage.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jonj123

Reaction score
Thanks. I finally managed to get the phone to connect to my laptop. If I unroot my device and return it to factory settings will the phone not be unlocked anymore?

Dr.Android

Reaction score
Qualcomm cdma tec... explanation.

I don't know why my computer cannot install the drivers. I run windows 7 and when I first connected the phone it said that the driver "qualcomm cdma technologies msm" was not founds. Any suggestions please?

This is a screenshot of the error message:

LzCQmep.png

:biggrin:To help with your answer.. I did this to get mine working again on Galaxy note 2 tmobile.. go to the dial-er like you where going to make a call, press *#7284#. Screen will pop up and you will see UART and make sure PDA is highlighted. Next on the same page on the USB also highlight PDA. Now go to Qualcomm USB Settings on the bottom and press it. Now you will see that your in phone is in PhoneUtil.. Make sure you press MTP+ADB and press ok. Now press Save and Reset. Phone should boot on it's own and back to stock as far as Qualcomm CDMA issues go. Hope this helps everyone out with this particular issue. Cheers!!:D20140619_020955.jpg