Not getting notified of emails

G

golfchic130

To make this short and sweet, after finally getting the email issue straightened out by using k9 and being able to setup an embarq account, my phone will not notify me of new emails unless they are sent from someone who has a gmail account - i.e. [email protected]. I have had 2 people with gmail accounts email me and the phone notifies me with all the bells and whistles. The same 2 people emailed me using different accounts such as embarq or whatever and the phone will not notify me. I have to go into my email to see if there is anything there. I have checked, double checked and triple checked all the settings. My husband has a droid set up exactly like mine and he gets notifies of incoming emails. Anyone out there have this problem?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had both k9 and the stock app stop polling but I didn't notice if it had anything to do with where the emails were coming from. My solution, has been to not use wifi. Do you use wifi?

Last edited:

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
My K9 just started doing this yesterday as well, I am on version 2512....you?

To make this short and sweet, after finally getting the email issue straightened out by using k9 and being able to setup an embarq account, my phone will not notify me of new emails unless they are sent from someone who has a gmail account - i.e. [email protected]. I have had 2 people with gmail accounts email me and the phone notifies me with all the bells and whistles. The same 2 people emailed me using different accounts such as embarq or whatever and the phone will not notify me. I have to go into my email to see if there is anything there. I have checked, double checked and triple checked all the settings. My husband has a droid set up exactly like mine and he gets notifies of incoming emails. Anyone out there have this problem?

OP
G

golfchic130

This may sound stupid but I'm not to techno savey. How do I find out what version I have

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
K9, no task killer, wifi or not doesn't matter

Frikkin' k9. There are at least 3 bug reports for this at their google code site (see my sig for links)

So you definitely have "Folders to display" set to All, right? That was a solution for one of the bug reports.

I'm not saying I have all the answers, but you might want to give this a try:

1) shut off wifi
2) reboot
3) DON'T use wifi at all ever

See if that fixes the polling issue. If it does, then maybe ease back into using wifi. Turn it on when you need it and off when you're done. I'm out of ideas!

OP
G

golfchic130

Interestingly enough, I do use "app Killer". The only time my phone notifies me of email...in any account - either k9 or accounts set up under gmail is when I turn the phone on. Because I don't get notified, I just check my email every so often to see what has come in.

So what you are all saying is having the app killer is BS with regard to battery life and when you kill the email app with app killer it won't allow notifications of email??? Well with my husbands droid - which is set exactly like mine with the app killer and k9 email - he will get notified. Maybe not all the time - but more then I do. Someday Google, motorola and verizon will get their crap together and fix the glitches in these devices. There is probably some obscure little techno geek sitting in front of a computer having the answer to all of this but becuase he hasn't been asked, he won't tell!!!!!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I say app killers are BS. Uninstall it and reboot. Then be sure any and all k9 accounts have "folders to display" set to "all". You should get email with no problems. If you still have issues I would turn off wifi, reboot, and not use wifi and see if that's any better.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Folders to display is on, no wifi, reboot and still no notification in the status bar that if have new email.The email comes through fine just no notifications, notifications is checked on as well. I don't have any task killers installed.

OP
G

golfchic130

I have kept the app killer on with k9 & accounts under gmail (which is an embarq account) unchecked. I now get notified of ALL emails under both accounts. Maybe I'm just having a good day. Going to uninstall the k9 (because I really don't like it) and see what happens next. Thanks for the help.:)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Folders to display is on, no wifi, reboot and still no notification in the status bar that if have new email.The email comes through fine just no notifications, notifications is checked on as well. I don't have any task killers installed.

Oh, you're email but no notifications. I haven't had this problem, but I might try uninstalling k9 and reinstalling it.