Not getting Gmail notifications??

hydro556

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Obviously, I had to set up a Gmail account when I got my Droid. I was kind of glad because I wanted an alternate email address anyway.

To my point. I have the phone set up so that it checks my personal email account (POP3) every 5 minutes and that works great. It buzzes and lights up to indicate every time I get an email.

Well, I assumed it would do the same if I got a Gmail. Today I sent a test email to my Gmail account. Nothing. No notification.

I logged in to Gmail.com and checked it, and there it was. I can check it my Gmail fine online, but it doesnt automatically notify me through the phone.

What do I need to do to set it up so that I am notified when I get Gmail? Can the Droid not be synched with more than 1 email account at a time?

Thanks

minmongoblin

Reaction score
I only use one e-mail account (Gmail), but make sure you're allowing the phone to sync. This can be down via the power widget that comes with the phone, it's a circle with arrows circling inside it. If that's green, it should be okay.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have several email accounts setup on my DROID. you need to check a couple things.

1. you're sure that the account online matches the one setup? check home - menu - settings - accounts & sync and check under manage accounts.
2. check that auto-sync is enabled
3. click on your account and make sure that data and synchronization is properly setup.
4. go to the gmail app and go to menu - settings - labels. number of days to sync should be anything, but inbox should be set to something like "sync all".

then report back

also see my sig for more help.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
640K, thank you very much for the informative, concise answer. I have to leave for a bit, when I get back I will go through your list and see if I can figure it out.

Again, thanks

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
Goblin, thanks to you as well, I didnt see your post at first. Am checking everything.

masterg247

Reaction score
I have the same issues as well. But 640k, if you put sync all, it will sync all of your inbox mail which it attempted to sync all 2000 emails. Is there any other solutions?

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the same issues as well. But 640k, if you put sync all, it will sync all of your inbox mail which it attempted to sync all 2000 emails. Is there any other solutions?
You could setup filters and use labels. What's wrong with having access to all of your mail?