Nooooooo!!! ... My daughter just got an iPhone 4s!!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can't believe she just switched from the D1 to the iPhone....She could have upgraded to any of the VZW 4G Androids, but she got duped by the CSR at the VZW store where she lives...
Seems that the deciding factor was Siri!!..What!!!...
I was trying to let her know that Andorid has their own versions of Siri, and that no 4G is a huge negative about the iPhone...but before I could even get her to test the Android versions of Siri, the guy at the store duped her into thinking that Siri was a spectacular one-of-a-kind thing!...She just called me less than an hour ago with the bad news. I'm gonna do my dammest to show her my SpeakToIt app which outshines Siri, and can be launched by long-pressing the soft search key...I'm gonna make her regret getting the IPos and possibly get her to return it before the 15 day return policy when she comes to visit tomorrow...lol

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Time to kick her out of the house. There's a new rule in the house. No iPhones are to be owned by ANY member of the family. No Android, no home :)

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol... she has her own home, although I 'can' make her stand outside for the whole time while she's visiting us...lol

I just can't believe that Siri was the deciding factor for her...aouwe!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My girlfriend is getting an iPhone for her upgrade. She could care less about 4G. She currently has a Fascinate and practically hates it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I didn't mind her getting an iPhone if that's what she liked, but to tell me that Siri was why was hard to accept...I mean my SpeakToIt app does exactly the same thing...'plus' it can pull up Google maps, Navigation, and who knows what else that the iPhone Siri cannot...

And 4g is not an issue for those that don't use or need fast Web flow for work or play, but my daughter would be using it for her work from time to time...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
My gf ended up getting an iPhone after her experience with a t-bolt which was less then lackluster. But her, along with several others I know who have one, thinks Siri is either no big deal or an is annoyance lol. They all agree the only reason they use it is to show other people Siri, no practical use.

Escobar

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that your daughter settled for less.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
It's all good. I could not talk my daughter into an android device for her first smart phone. She went with an iphone 4. She loves it.

Tap'd to the Maxx

wid0maker

Reaction score
Honestly since I've had this phone I have been considering switching to iphone. Battery life sucks slower then the 2nd coming of christ and just had so many issues. I have had D2G since april and had more issues in a day then my iphone 3g had in a year. Why should I stay with android besides the kick ass interface?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
My dad recently got an iPhone 4S as well. Of all people, I couldn't believe HE went to the dark side. For years and years and years, he was never one to have any Apple products. Then a couple years ago, he got an iPod Touch. Then a few months after that, an iPad appeared. And now this. *sigh* What's worst about it is that he had a Droid 2 prior to that.

AdamDX

Reaction score
I have a gnex, iPod 4gen, and iPad 2. Apple makes great products. You people are nuts. Trollolololol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

S

SFGate

The phone bills got my daughter. So no more iPhone for her.

Reaction score
I have taught my daughters well. :)

My family is Android but my sister and her family like IPhones. The other day at a get together, my sisters brother in law was talking to my daughter about how IPhones are better and that anyone who says Android can do more is wrong. So my 15 year old daughter proceeded to school this guy on exactly what she can do with her Android and if course, he could not do it in his iPhone.

I was so proud. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have taught my daughters well. :)

My family is Android but my sister and her family like IPhones. The other day at a get together, my sisters brother in law was talking to my daughter about how IPhones are better and that anyone who says Android can do more is wrong. So my 15 year old daughter proceeded to school this guy on exactly what she can do with her Android and if course, he could not do it in his iPhone.

I was so proud. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

That's impressive. Get them started off right :)

And to be clear if someone feels an iPhone is right for them I am ok with that. I just know for me it's Android all the way.