my son got the iPhone 4s this am and siri is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Okay do do you not understand that data speed is based on call bytes per second. How much information can load in a second.... what you're talking about is the iphone be faster because it has the road less data but it's not faster its doing less.

The easiest way to compare data speed is to have identical files downloaded over each network. You're using a website which apple doesn't load the full website to compare with android which does load the full website.

I'm tired of arguing with you but the fact is that you will never be right 2 + 2 will never be 5. Speed is distance or amount overtime...

The question is does the iphone load the exact same amount of data faster? No.

Just because it takes a shortcut doesnt mean it's faster

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I dont think the general public even takes into consideration the "shortcut" though. Most people simply want their websites to load quickly, regardless of what is done in order for that to happen.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but its people like you who make me wanna pull my hair out.

Yes people do you like the apple product. But that doesn't change the fact that apple has made a lot of there consumers to believe that what they are releasing is the latest and greatest when in fact android has beat them to the punch and done it better.

These people believing that the iphone is this untouchable technological phone is the perfect example of them being brainwashed because they cant see truth for all the smoke

Yeah cuz some android users don't think their phones are amazing and flawless when they are buggy. Gimme a break. There's fools on both sides. But the people who throw around the words brainwashing, slaves and cult take the cake.

Reaction score
How did this turn into a data speed argument when it was about the op son getting the iphone 4s and its siri talk to text fuction. The whole data argument is misplaced. But whoever stated downloading a file on both networks to test speed is correct

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
How did this turn into a data speed argument when it was about the op son getting the iphone 4s and its siri talk to text fuction. The whole data argument is misplaced. But whoever stated downloading a file on both networks to test speed is correct

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Because any thread with the word iphone in it devolves into android sheep trying to prove their phone is better. Luckily there are more sensible ppl on this forum than not, but boy do the bad seeds make the whole group look like clowns.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Keep it civil.

The thread did get jacked and I was part of the problem, my bad op. As a community I was hoping we got over this by now. I remember when the iphone was first announced for vzw and people panicked thinking android would be the red headed step child and it was all over. Android is still going strong and thriving. Apple does some thing better than android and android does other things better than apple. Commenting on what apple does well do not make a person less of an android user. Its ok to comment that apple does ________ better. And right not android still needs to improve like apple needs to improve. Having apple there to compare with is great because we can see where we can improve. Like the op's point about the voice apps. Android voice apps needs work especially for people with deep voices. And if apple has found away to make it work then I am excited because that mean eventually android will get it right. Lets stop bashing people for pointing out the goods that apple does because a lot of us are looking at it saying "yes, some one got it to work so it will soon work on my phone".

M

Mullensbb

I dont think the general public even takes into consideration the "shortcut" though. Most people simply want their websites to load quickly, regardless of what is done in order for that to happen.

I get that but whether or not the general public understands it or takes into consideration that does not make it a moot point.

Easiest way to compare data speeds not processing speed around the data is to download a torrent. On my 4 g phone I can download at speeds of 1M/b plus! That's just not possible with a 3g connection.

Or how fast can you stream netflix or hulu they just don't compare

M

Mullensbb

Because any thread with the word iphone in it devolves into android sheep trying to prove their phone is better. Luckily there are more sensible ppl on this forum than not, but boy do the bad seeds make the whole group look like clowns.

I would definitely argue that android users are much more objective than apple users

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would definitely argue that android users are much more objective than apple users

Yes, you would also argue that apple users are brainwashed. I don't think it'll take a rocket scientist to see that you're biased.

M

Mullensbb

Yes, you would also argue that apple users are brainwashed. I don't think it'll take a rocket scientist to see that you're biased.

Ok when you are an apple owner and you think that a dropdown notification bar and this new voice assistant siri, or whatever it's called, that's coming out is new latest greatest technology you are brainwashed because it's not true! it's been out for a while on android.

I just established the brain wash marketing by apple so sit down thank you very much

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok when you are an apple owner and you think that a dropdown notification bar and this new voice assistant siri, or whatever it's called, that's coming out is new latest greatest technology you are brainwashed because it's not true! it's been out for a while on android.

I just established the brain wash marketing by apple so sit down thank you very much

read your statement to yourself and sit back and think of how childish you just sounded.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The hatred of a company and it's products is so beyond immature, it's just unfathomable to me that people are actually so affected by it that they feel the need to constantly bash it's products and it's users.

M

Mullensbb

I don't hate apple lol I love their computers I graduated with a degree in broadcasting and we use apple computers for editing.

And the iphone use to be the best phone out there about 2 years ago

But now it is not, people who want the latest and greatest cellphone by continuously buy an iphone are brainwashed by their marketing

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Kind of like how you are brainwashed into thinking that better specs automatically means better phone, right? Or how you seem to think that 4G is an android innovation right? If anyone is being pulled in by marketing, its you.

All the benchmarks are showing that the iPhone is blowing away all the other phones, including 4g android phones, but your denial is great entertainment. I understand you have to justify your purchase, but let's not be silly. BTW, people like you are commenting on all these articles and saying the same regurgitated "isheep, brainwashed cult" crap you are too...a little bit of cognitive dissonance goes a long way. It's not even close. The first article has it right...the iPhone is crushing android phones when it comes to performance. I await the spin you will put on this, although we all know it will involve the words brainwashing, slaves, cult, Kool-Aid and iSheep, right?

iPhone 4S Crushes Android Phones in Web Browsing Benchmark Results | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/apple/iphone-4s-benchmarks-and-specs-begin-to-emerge/

iPhone 4S Geekbench Benchmarks ~68% Faster than iPhone 4 - Mac Rumors

M

Mullensbb

Personally I don't care about brands I want the phone that can give me the most for my money and right now that is not an apple iphone

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't hate apple lol I love their computers I graduated with a degree in broadcasting and we use apple computers for editing.

And the iphone use to be the best phone out there about 2 years ago

But now it is not, people who want the latest and greatest cellphone by continuously buy an iphone are brainwashed by their marketing

Apple users are no more brainwashed than you have been for believing what you are standing up for. You are absolutely entitled to think Android is superior just like any fan of Apple is entitled to feel iOS is superior. The whole vigilante attitude is a bit ridiculous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.