Non OEM Chargers

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a Non OEM charger.. in particular the cheap ones from EBay.

I see I can get one for $5 just wnated to get some opinions first

emsrph

Reaction score
Just got a cheap one on e-bay from seller bestcellbuy. Plugged into phone and it started freaking out like buttons were being pressed fast and furious. Probably voltage was wrong?

Also got car charger as a package but leaning toward just throwing both away.

Anybody have any recommendations for aftermarket car charger?

Thanks,

Eric

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
The ones from Monoprice.com work great! Just make sure you get something 1000mA rather than 500mA. 500mA won't charge the phone.

I spent $15.05 and got two 10' cables, one 6' cable, three wall plugs that accept any male USB cable, and a car charger. SHIPPED! Got here on Monday, and I ordered late Saturday night.

ijstylezi

Reaction score
yea i wouldnt recommend the cheap ones my droid freaked out too

Zennmaster

Reaction score
yea i wouldnt recommend the cheap ones my droid freaked out too

Yup. One more. This one was actually supposed to be OEM, and does have a big "M" on it, but I think it's for something with a much smaller power appetite than the Droid...

On a similar topic, has anyone tried using a USB cable other than the one that came with the phone?

emsrph

Reaction score
Hey Zennmaster the ebay USB cable I bought worked fine. Mounted, transfered files ok. I'd guess those are pretty safe because they don't make there own voltage ;)

Ijstylezi- what caused your droid to freak out- a wall charger or car charger? Still on the fence about trying the cheap car charger I got after my home charger experience.

Thanks,

Eric

Fresh330

Reaction score
monoprice.com

You can't beat it in terms of quality AND price

Reaction score
I bought a "HotTips" Car Charger from Office Depot that works great. Just get the Base charger ($12.99) and then get a Razr tip ($3.99) and it works fine. Haven't looked into a home charger since it came with one and I'll either use it or my laptop to charge it but for the car, I needed something else. Glad it uses the same plug as the Razor (microUSB) and not something obscure.

jmed99

Reaction score
Just got a cheap one on e-bay from seller bestcellbuy. Plugged into phone and it started freaking out like buttons were being pressed fast and furious. Probably voltage was wrong?

Also got car charger as a package but leaning toward just throwing both away.

Anybody have any recommendations for aftermarket car charger?

Thanks,

Eric

I just bought a wall charger, car charger, and the computer charger from bestcellbuy on ebay. I'll let y'all know how they work. I'm kinda afraid to try them after reading your post...:icon_eek:

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
After having my LG Dare for 2 years, as well as 4 previous LG phones, I racked up about a dozen chargers(nightstand, car, office, PC, etc.). Decided to give one of 'em a go. Works like a charm. Any of you FORMER LG cultists(guilty), save your coin....they work.

emsrph

Reaction score
Jmed99- tried the car charger from e-bay bestcellbuy and it worked fine and charged the phone. Eric