Non OEM Chargers

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Would you mind listing specifically which one you purchased? (sorry to be a pain!) I would feel more comfortable buying the same one since some one has already verified it works.

CharlieJ

Reaction score
Any regular/generic MICRO USB to male USB cable will work from a PC.

The 1000mA car and wall chargers are the ones needed for the Droid.

Aftermarket chargers will normally work fine, but remember that some of the cheapies on eBay (and other places) may not have proper voltage.

I'm using a 1000mA wall wart that has a female USB connector and a generic 6' micro USB cable for overnight charging. During the day, I use the USB cable that came with the phone, attached to my PC.

In the car, I use a generic mini USB charger, with a mini-to-micro USB converter tip.

Spent $4.00 to get the tip -- and older chargers/cables from my BB. I hope this info helps!

mekishiko

Reaction score
it would be helpful if some of yall posted Links!

;)

www.ebay.com

Haha. Classic.

I am just a fan of not having to make mistakes/returns if it can be easily avoided by purchasing already verified hardware.

Notice how some people bought some stuff that should have worked, but it didn't?

Telling us about their experience in a concise and specific manner is one of the main, and most important assets of any online technical community.

"I bought some stuff, some worked, some didn't" isn't valuable at all, although I appreciate the heads up that some things don't work, many of us have already come to that resolution in our experimentation with the random plugs we already own.

I am sorry I assumed this would be obvious, but it should be now as evident by the questions that came after mine.

Here I'll show you how it goes:
-----------

Hey guys I was able to use my Official Apple Wall Wart that came with my ipod:

apple%20usb%20power%20adapter.jpg

And I purchased these Mini USB to Micro USB adapters from this retailer in HK, free shipping arrived in 7 days to USA and only $2.48 for two of them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2X-Mini-USB-To-...UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL?hash=item3ef9eeaa2f

Connected them to my droid with a regular USB-to-Mini-USB cable, charges perfectly.

:icon_ devil:

Last edited:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
This is what I used for my BB Storm, and it also works very well on my Droid.

micro_usb_dual_chgr.png

Micro USB Dual Charge Part# MICUSBDUALCHR

FIXED, Thanks for pointing that out :)

Last edited:

Doctor

Reaction score
I bought this package from eBay: NEW 5 ITEM ACCESSORY BUNDLE COMBO FOR MOTOROLA DROID - eBay (item 280420182522 end time Dec-06-09 12:58:44 PST)

The home charger made my on screen keyboard go whacky like there was a little gnome under the screen pushing the buttons by himself, but it DID charge the Droid.

The car charger works fine. The USB cable works fine. The screen protector was damaged. The holster has a magnet in it which keeps the Droid in desktop mode, draining the battery quickly.

The good news is that all of my old Blackberry chargers work great, both at home and in the car! :)

mekishiko

Reaction score
Great info you guys thanks for the updates.

Be careful on the chargers that make random things happen that usually means that the voltage or amperage is too high and it could break your phone after repeated usage.

PJ_ED

Reaction score
FYI, It is not just the chargers that are making the Droid go wacky. I had my oem charger plugged into the power on a commercial airliner yesterday and my home screen went pretty wacky. I couldn't use the phone while it was plugged in, but it did charge.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
You guys are spending too much. Just go to MonoPrice and get the individual micro usb to male USB cables of your desired length, and a 1000mA adapter. Way cheaper.