Non OEM Chargers

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a Non OEM charger.. in particular the cheap ones from EBay.

I see I can get one for $5 just wnated to get some opinions first

Just got a cheap one on e-bay from seller bestcellbuy. Plugged into phone and it started freaking out like buttons were being pressed fast and furious. Probably voltage was wrong?

Also got car charger as a package but leaning toward just throwing both away.

Anybody have any recommendations for aftermarket car charger?

Thanks,

Eric

The ones from Monoprice.com work great! Just make sure you get something 1000mA rather than 500mA. 500mA won't charge the phone.

I spent $15.05 and got two 10' cables, one 6' cable, three wall plugs that accept any male USB cable, and a car charger. SHIPPED! Got here on Monday, and I ordered late Saturday night.

yea i wouldnt recommend the cheap ones my droid freaked out too

yea i wouldnt recommend the cheap ones my droid freaked out too

Yup. One more. This one was actually supposed to be OEM, and does have a big "M" on it, but I think it's for something with a much smaller power appetite than the Droid...

On a similar topic, has anyone tried using a USB cable other than the one that came with the phone?

Hey Zennmaster the ebay USB cable I bought worked fine. Mounted, transfered files ok. I'd guess those are pretty safe because they don't make there own voltage ;)

Ijstylezi- what caused your droid to freak out- a wall charger or car charger? Still on the fence about trying the cheap car charger I got after my home charger experience.

Thanks,

Eric

monoprice.com

You can't beat it in terms of quality AND price

I bought a "HotTips" Car Charger from Office Depot that works great. Just get the Base charger ($12.99) and then get a Razr tip ($3.99) and it works fine. Haven't looked into a home charger since it came with one and I'll either use it or my laptop to charge it but for the car, I needed something else. Glad it uses the same plug as the Razor (microUSB) and not something obscure.

Just got a cheap one on e-bay from seller bestcellbuy. Plugged into phone and it started freaking out like buttons were being pressed fast and furious. Probably voltage was wrong?

Also got car charger as a package but leaning toward just throwing both away.

Anybody have any recommendations for aftermarket car charger?

Thanks,

Eric

I just bought a wall charger, car charger, and the computer charger from bestcellbuy on ebay. I'll let y'all know how they work. I'm kinda afraid to try them after reading your post...:icon_eek:

After having my LG Dare for 2 years, as well as 4 previous LG phones, I racked up about a dozen chargers(nightstand, car, office, PC, etc.). Decided to give one of 'em a go. Works like a charm. Any of you FORMER LG cultists(guilty), save your coin....they work.

Jmed99- tried the car charger from e-bay bestcellbuy and it worked fine and charged the phone. Eric

Back