No update yet

stratt28

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Should I have received my update to 5.5.893 yet? I'm still on 5.5.886. I keep trying System Updates but it tells me it's not available and to try back later? Just wondering if there's a date before which the update should arrive.

Thanks,
Jody in NH

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Same here, looks like our only option is to factory data reset. Shame cause I've spent hours organizing my Bionic just how I want it, so I'd rather not go through the hassle of backing everything up, resetting, and hoping everything re-installs no problem. One can dream...

lykofos

Reaction score
Same here, looks like our only option is to factory data reset. Shame cause I've spent hours organizing my Bionic just how I want it, so I'd rather not go through the hassle of backing everything up, resetting, and hoping everything re-installs no problem. One can dream...

I was having the same issue and did a factory reset the weekend before the update was released. The factory reset solves the issue, but it does suck spending hours re-downloading apps and configuring your settings.

There is an alternate option to factory reset though: you could always just download the official OTA file, save it on your sd card (the "sdcard-ext" directory when you're browsing from the phone), and install it from there via the stock recovery console.Here's a copy of the Official 5.5.893 OTA that I saved from the phone's cache before installing it:
Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip

Here's a YouTube video detailing how to get into stock recovery mode on the bionic:
[video=youtube;QVfeXppqH6Y]http://youtu.be/QVfeXppqH6Y[/video]

Once you're in recovery mode you just select the option "apply update from sd card"

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The official announcement back in late October was "30 to 60 days" so it there's still time (the end of December). At this point, however, I'd be suggesting Factory Reset too. The problem of using the update mentioned above is that while you'll have the update, you still will be getting the "not available" message for future updates (including ICS).

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
double check your settings, i had mine set to only sync over wifi and did not see the update until i got home and switched from 4G to wifi.

OP
S

stratt28

Reaction score
double check your settings, i had mine set to only sync over wifi and did not see the update until i got home and switched from 4G to wifi.

Thx coupe...the box for "only sync over wifi" is not checked...should I change that? Any other settings I should look at? I can certainly wait the 60 days timeframe.

Thx for all the other replies as well folks!

down1plus2

Reaction score
I talked to a verizon rep. and they stated you can go into verizon store and they can plug pbone in and do the update for you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Factory reset is usually a good idea anyways with an ota. It is a good idea for the system to be clean when installing new system items.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Should I have received my update to 5.5.893 yet? I'm still on 5.5.886. I keep trying System Updates but it tells me it's not available and to try back later? Just wondering if there's a date before which the update should arrive.

Thanks,
Jody in NH

You need to do a factory reset to get rid of the "Unable to Check for Update" message.