Latest update for Bionic

MrMikeyill

Reaction score
Does anybody know why I haven't received the update people are talking about? I am new to the forums, so please bear with me! When I go to system updates it says I am up to date.
My system version is 5.5.886 on Android 2.3.4. Is this what I should be? I don't see anything that says .893 or .894 like I've been reading about.
Thanks,

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does anybody know why I haven't received the update people are talking about? I am new to the forums, so please bear with me! When I go to system updates it says I am up to date.
My system version is 5.5.886 on Android 2.3.4. Is this what I should be? I don't see anything that says .893 or .894 like I've been reading about.
Thanks,

All the updates thus far have been leaked version of the soon to be released real OTA update. We do not know what number designation it will have. But none of the leaked ones are the final OTA. While it is true that fix most things for most people, they are not universally suggessful. Hopefully the final version will be and that's the one that will get pushed to everyone's phone. You've missed nothing so far.

Oh, and btw, welcome to the forums. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have.

devils3023

Reaction score
Those are leaked versions that advanced rooted users have installed. No official OTA update from Motorola has been released yet.

OP
M

MrMikeyill

Reaction score
Thanks so much! I will not hesitate to ask questions as I live through my bionic!

deduct

Reaction score
You do not have to be rooted to apply the leaked updates. I am unrooted and running 5.7 and it works like a charm.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know why I haven't received the update people are talking about?

If the announcement made in late October still holds true, you should be getting the OTA (Over The Air) update any time between now and the end of the month.

Seeing http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/185661-just-got-ota-moto-am.html it may be starting. Even if it has, though, it'll be random. So random that if you bought 2 Bionics at the same time, one might get it weeks after the other.

rdgxray

Reaction score
I just posted this on another thread. I am a soak tester. We are supposed to be notified by email before ota is pushed to us for a 2 day soak test. None of this has happened. I assume they wouldn't release it without the soak test after all the problems with earlier versions. When I hear anything about the test starting I will let everyone know. Tons of people on here are testers. I am sure the start of the test will be posted many times.

mhalleasley

Reaction score
Is it true that the update will unroot my bionic unless I forever root?

Droid3720

Reaction score
This is why this is my go to place for Droid knowledge. Tons of people that know what's going on. This forum is respectful and helpful. You can't beat that.