No matter how powerful Android Phones get, the Hardware means nothing !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
How exactly would one go about developing apps for hardware that doesn't exist? For the most part, the hardware has to come first and, once available, it won't take long for the software to take advantage.

Gingerbread is going to solve a lot of these issues as it gives developers the ability to run native C++ code directly and supposedly makes porting much easier.
Problem is once again
That the software for android just isn't up to par with the Ios software.
We can keep upgrading our android phones until they are a skynet terminator,
But the same old and aging Iphone4 will still run circles around the skynet terminator android, in terms of the things it can do.
We as android consumers keep focusing on the hardware of our phones, which still hasn't gotten us closer to closing the quality gap set between Ios and Android.

We ask for more hardware upgrades, instead of targeting the problem at the source, and that is the lack of bridge-gapping software between Ios and Android.
Until then, Iphone will remain superior in this war of usefulness. I want better software. I want google to look at more solutions to get Ios app developers to come over to android platform as well doing their thing with apple.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Rento

Reaction score
OP is a troll.

You think the iPhail is so superior, then goto it. Stop trying to convince Android users that iPhails are better.

The iPhone 4 is a ugly piece of hardware.

The Droid 1 and G1 even look better then the iPhail 4.

Just go into the sheep den over there and become a Apple fan. I'll even feed you apples while you're at it.

P.S. The only thing the iPhone has against Android is the retina display. Everything else is quit useless. Their apps are no more superior to android.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
How exactly would one go about developing apps for hardware that doesn't exist? For the most part, the hardware has to come first and, once available, it won't take long for the software to take advantage.

Gingerbread is going to solve a lot of these issues as it gives developers the ability to run native C++ code directly and supposedly makes porting much easier.
Problem is once again
That the software for android just isn't up to par with the Ios software.
We can keep upgrading our android phones until they are a skynet terminator,
But the same old and aging Iphone4 will still run circles around the skynet terminator android, in terms of the things it can do.
We as android consumers keep focusing on the hardware of our phones, which still hasn't gotten us closer to closing the quality gap set between Ios and Android.

We ask for more hardware upgrades, instead of targeting the problem at the source, and that is the lack of bridge-gapping software between Ios and Android.
Until then, Iphone will remain superior in this war of usefulness. I want better software. I want google to look at more solutions to get Ios app developers to come over to android platform as well doing their thing with apple.

I disagree.... Your argument isnt really solid. Its like your saying my Ford can run circles around your Chevy. Ok? Where is your supporting evidence?.... I do see what your saying but your exaggerating it to much. iPhone 4 does not run circles around android. IMO i think iOS is missing some basic features that i personally have to have. Like the ability to copy and paste my music to my device. iOS lacks this which is a pretty basic ability. iTunes is iLOCKed. 0.o iOS does have lots of apps that Android doesnt have but what does that matter if they arnt used? I never use video editing software on my phone...nor would i. I have a computer for that, becuase usually like converting and such requires some processing power which would just drain my phone. Games are something android needs to step their gameup on but android has plenty of them already if needed. What exactly cant be done with Android that you can do on iOS? I can name a few but none that would be totally deal breakers. Netflix im looking at you :icon_evil:. iOS is doing circles around WM7...but definitely not Android. I do all my daily stuff on my android phone, I have a itouch but its only used for 1 thing, and thats for games that keep my niece busy. People prefer different things, Variety is great. Your Ford and my Chevy are practically the same thing but nooo.... one always has to be better right?

dxgeek35

Reaction score
Ok I only read the rant but I have to say this statement is BULL****!!! The thunderbolt/android phones are better then any iphone there is and no future iphone will compare with androids!

luigi90210

Reaction score
No matter how powerful Android Phones get, the Hardware means nothing if you dont have the software to make use of it!!!!

If the software isnt up to par, than no matter how powerful these new Android phones will be, they will never be able to compete with Iphone, not even the old&aging Iphone 4.

Right now, I believe the problem with Android is the fact that it doesnt have the apps to compete with Iphone OS.

Take Thunderbolt for example.
Now compare it to Iphone4. I it more powerful hardware wise? sure it is.
But how do I put that new Hardware to use, if that software isnt even in the same league with the Apple apps.

I can do more with a Iphone 3 & 4, than I can do with a Thunderbolt.

Hardware in the smartphone market, means little if the Software isnt as useful as the competition.

Edit:
Sorry for the rant, but the truth is, there isnt much a reason to upgrade to new hardware, if the software isnt as good.

Why should future consumers, pick a new next gen high tech Android phone, when they can get a older Iphone model, which would still be able to do more things than any new hi tech Android phone can do?

until Google, and the Hardware makers, and Developers, understand this issue, I cant ever see the Android being a true threat to Apple.
please tell me what your iphone can do that my android cant

FEATURES

android literally does everything the iphone does LITERALLY but you have more features like widgets and customization

dont like the UI?
change it
there are plenty of home replacement apps on the market and almost all of them run very smoothly heck even if you want the iphone UI on your android you can have it

apps
sure there arnt as many apps as the iphone but if your buying a cellphone just cause it has more apps than your beyond anyone elses ability to be helped

choices
unlike the iphone you have choices when it comes down to android
you can choose between a cheap phone or an expensive phone
you can choose your own UI(stated in point 2)
you can choose your specs
HECK you can even choose your own carrier(and you wont lose one bit of that functionality)

if you choose iphone you have
one set price
one design
limited providers
one UI
and your required to plug your phone into your computer just to sync music(with android if you wanted to you never have to even plug it into a computer)

and when you say
Right now, I believe the problem with Android is the fact that it doesnt have the apps to compete with Iphone OS.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!??!?!????????1???????!?!??!?!?
every iphone app that people will use everyday android has and it works just as well if not better
Have you compared every single app that the iphone and android both have to test for quality? or do you just want alot of fart apps?

from just skimming your post i can tell your someone who is probably 13, your someone who doesnt know anything about technology, and your probably someone who only like the "fart apps" apple has because they sure do have alot of them
heck i even think your just some little apple fan boy just trying to convince people on an ANDROID site that your precious iphone is better than anything out there

your no longer worth any more of my time kid

good bye

J

Johnly

No matter how powerful Android Phones get, the Hardware means nothing if you dont have the software to make use of it!!!!

If the software isnt up to par, than no matter how powerful these new Android phones will be, they will never be able to compete with Iphone, not even the old&aging Iphone 4.

But how do I put that new Hardware to use, if that software isnt even in the same league with the Apple apps.

Hardware in the smartphone market, means little if the Software isnt as useful as the competition.

Edit:
Sorry for the rant, but the truth is, there isnt much a reason to upgrade to new hardware, if the software isnt as good.

Why should future consumers, pick a new next gen high tech Android phone, when they can get a older Iphone model, which would still be able to do more things than any new hi tech Android phone can do?

until Google, and the Hardware makers, and Developers, understand this issue, I cant ever see the Android being a true threat to Apple.
Constructively, this is why people get confused. Hardware should ALWAYS be ahead of software...yeah man, that way those devs have a good system to implement. Imagine, software trumps hardware? Boring right? Hardware junkie forever.....

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
every iphone app that people will use everyday android has and it works just as well if not better
Have you compared every single app that the iphone and android both have to test for quality? or do you just want alot of fart apps?

from just skimming your post i can tell your someone who is probably 13, your someone who doesnt know anything about technology, and your probably someone who only like the "fart apps" apple has because they sure do have alot of them
heck i even think your just some little apple fan boy just trying to convince people on an ANDROID site that your precious iphone is better than anything out there

good bye

Are you blind? There are tons of things the Iphone can do that the Android cant do, no matter how powerful the Hardware is.

Were are Android's video editing apps?
What about the 3D HC games the Iphone has?
What about 3D model editor?

where are all of these? the list goes on.

"every iphone app that people will use everyday android has and it works just as well if not better"

clearly you have no clue what you are talking about here.---^My point remains valid. Until Android has software to compete with the IOS, the Hardware improvements will not close the gap.

There are still more things a IPhone4 user can do, than a 2011 Dual Core Android phone can do. Simple as that.

You throw out insults calling me 13, a Troll, and a Apple fanboy. clearly you show you have no way to counter my argument, because its a fact. IOS has the software beat. And has much more that can be done, and with quality.

and no, not every app IOS has, the Android also has. Most developers arent even converting over their codes.

billge

Reaction score
I hate and love religious arguments. Apple's IOS has the clear advantage of having one hardware platform to deal with. And its o/s developers have a clear advantage over the droid. They own the hardware.

Droids have thousands of o/s developers. Some of them are great, but all of them have to deal with all the hardware, or serve a niche market.

Compare Urbanspoon on the iPhone vs Droid. You shake the iPhone and press the Shake button on the Droid version. That makes a big difference to some. Some Droid has the necessary hardware, but it was a lot simpler to write one version of the code.

Some need that. I love the droid. Well, time to charge the battery.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score

Edit:

Constructively, this is why people get confused. Hardware should ALWAYS be ahead of software...yeah man, that way those devs have a good system to implement. Imagine, software trumps hardware? Boring right? Hardware junkie forever.....

Hardware in competition will never been a true combat, unless you have equal software power to match between the two.

clearly when it comes to Android vs IOS, that is not the case.
IOS has much greater number of software at its disposal. And much of it is of quality.

Android has better Hardware
IOS has better Software.

Which phone can do more?

Iphone4 can do much more than a Thunderbolt, even more than any 2011 Android phone.

The competition will never be equal until the Software is equal. and it isnt

J

Johnly

good bye

Are you blind? There are tons of things the Iphone can do that the Android cant do, no matter how powerful the Hardware is.

"every iphone app that people will use everyday android has and it works just as well if not better"

clearly you have no clue what you are talking about here.---^My point remains valid. Until Android has software to compete with the IOS, the Hardware improvements will not close the gap.

There are still more things a IPhone4 user can do, than a 2011 Dual Core Android phone can do. Simple as that.

You throw out insults calling me 13, a Troll, and a Apple fanboy. clearly you show you have no way to counter my argument, because its a fact. IOS has the software beat. And has much more that can be done, and with quality.

and no, not every app IOS has, the Android also has. Most developers arent even converting over their codes.
Serious? Want google's top ten iPhone can't? Trust me, google's trillion dollar satellites are far supperior to apples little crap transitions. Don't start, I will trump you argument HARD. Besides Android is #1.....Apple is trailing BB still. Eat it.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

good bye

Serious? Want google's top ten iPhone can't? Trust me, google's trillion dollar satellites are far supperior to apples little crap transitions. Don't start, I will trump you argument HARD. Besides Android is #1.....Apple is trailing BB still. Eat it.
Haha, ok im going to just laugh here becuase my post obviously wasnt read. But since its going in this direction i dont think this threads going to be intellectual anymore. Im not engaging in the kind of writing. Hopefully my post got through to someone..... Unsubcribed.

luigi90210

Reaction score

good bye

well
1. i dont need it
2. i dont care
3. i dont care
4. i dont care
5. i dont care
6. i dont care
7. i dont care
8. i dont care
9. i dont care
10. i dont care
533 wh47 1 d1d th4r!!!1!!!!
oh and btw i have an i7 laptop for movie editing, 3d modeling and photo editing
nuff said

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the love of mod someone qualified please use this
aefe7022-1652-d8be.jpg

J

Johnly

good bye

well
1. i dont need it
2. i dont care
3. i dont care
4. i dont care
5. i dont care
6. i dont care
7. i dont care
8. i dont care
9. i dont care
10. i dont care
533 wh47 1 d1d th4r!!!1!!!!
oh and btw i have an i7 laptop for movie editing, 3d modeling and photo editing
nuff said
Relax, he went back into his hole.....he had no Apple sats...poor chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.