No internet connection

trustno1

Reaction score
I just noticed that I don't have any internet connection. My apartment has always had internet as far as I know. I was running v 3.0 but flashed to 3.2 and I have the stock kernel. Is this an issue that anyone else has had or is this just verizon being sketchy?

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Um...not sure where you are at to answer the sketchy portion of your post, the little sister in me wants to ask if you trust me, and I dont think I can answer the 3.2 question either, but was up, and thought I would tell you your post made it and heres a response....hope it all works out for you.

There is another thread talking about no internet and gsm settings, but it was a different phone type with a sim card.

OP
T

trustno1

Reaction score
I am in gainesville (I don't want to talk about football right now lol). I made the post from my computer. I haven't had connection issues before. It wouldn't let me place calls either. I made the post from my computer. The connection actually came back as I was backing up my phone in preparation for flashing another rom haha.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I was born a Cubs fan and am one. When we moved South I was little. It did not ...football...catch on with me. I know I am not a fan, tell people I am not a fan, and feel silly around the woo pig fooieness of it all. I believe you are safe with me....now baseball? I am a fan. Stalker of the players? I am not. The fans stalking their players just slays me. Ttfn, take care.

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Just an fyi guys there is a power save mode that will turn data and other things off when ur battery drops below 15% (I think its 15). If this is the case you can go to the pull down menu (notification panel) and tap apn. That will toggle it on and off, ur internet.

OP
T

trustno1

Reaction score
I did not know that :). However, my batt was somewhere between 70 and 100. I haven't experienced it since last night so I guess I can just chalk it up as a fluke in Big red's system.

DanielC

Reaction score
Hey I'm also in G'ville and my D1 isn't picking up 3g for the past day or so? Also on MIUI :icon_evil:

EDIT: Okay nevermind, seems that my APN was switched off as well? Was this caused by a temporary outage? I'm 99% sure I didn't touch that toggle.

BTW, at least we aren't UM getting owned by FSU. Jacory sucks.

dstacey

Reaction score
I started having internet connection problems today. Some apps won't update and have an "no internet connection" message. Some web pages work. Google works but when I try to connect to a googled webpage it won't open. Does someone have a tip or fix for this

dstacey

Reaction score
Also...if I connect to wifi then I can run full internet capabilities but if i disconnect from wifi and use the phone connection and try to visit the same page that I was just at on wifi then it won't open. Wierd thing is some pages work and some won't open

matthewl3

Reaction score
I was having problem as well, my fix was to utilize the power save widget and manually turn off wifi. This smooths out the transfer from wifi to normal.
Hope this helps

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dstacey

Reaction score
Thanks. My wifi button is turned off. and I confirmed the X isn't connected to wifi. Something else seems to be keeping my X from connecting. Luckily when it is connected to wifi I have full internet capabilities

Bluefalcon

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. I have a Motorola Droid 1 on Verizon. I noticed the issue on Thursday, August 25th which is persisting until today. It worked while I was in a mall and then it stopped working later on during the day. Google and google related sites will load, but other websites will not load. In addition, some apps will not updates or load properly (e.g. weather.com application). I have not tried using WiFi, but it does seem to be a localized issue with the 3G. I am not sure what is causing it, but I wanted to mentioned that the OP is not the only one. My assessment was that it must be something wrong with Verizon, as nothing has changed with my phone since I used it in the mall, but perhaps I missed something or a setting changed and I didn't realize.

I have tried turning on and off the phone, turning on and off airline mode, turning on and off 3G, clearing browser cache, using different browsers, but nothing has provided results.

Malfunktionv2

Reaction score
After moving into my new place, I needed use my phone as my main internet source.

As of yesterday, I got notices from my phone that I reached my data limit, despite paying for unlimited. I turned off the mobile data limit but it came back on several more times. In an effort to stop it, I turned mobile data off and back on, and now I cannot connect to the internet at all.

My monthly usage is at 5.385 gb/unlimited
I'm in a 4g network with my phone set to LTE/CDMA, right now my connection says 3G with half bars.
network strength is 1x = -82dBm, 3G= -75dBm
Network is Verizon Wireless
Mobile network state is disconnected

currently running android 4.04, system version 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US

I called verizon who was unhelpful, though I have a scheduled level II call for tomorrow. What else can I do to troubleshoot/fix this?

ddfuji

Reaction score
Tech 2 call might be more helpful then anything I came up with. It will probably result in them telling you to reset your phone.

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I found out today VZW data is bad where i live. I have a tower less than a mile away. My signal is week 106dbm also speed 418... very bad. Dont make since cause my friend dont have a DROID it just a flip up.cell by VZW it got great signal. Figure that one out. When i go to huge city like Columbus Ohio i have great signal with 4G. Where it suppose to be great signal...i think it time to go back to Sprint i dont want to but i had them before with no data problems and signal was 4 bars instead of 1 or 2 with VZW...unless some one can tell me something different. I can go to the VZW tower where it at ill have 4 to 5 bars once i leave from there it drops bad!!