gmail connection issue (semi off topic)

sownman

Reaction score
Ordered my droid x last week and was told by Verizon I'll want a gmail account as it's important. Not sure why yet but I set up a gmail address. I can connect to gmail at work and from my desktop at home but my laptop at home on wireless router always gives a failure to connect to page message. It has no problems to any other pages. I've followed the suggestions looking into internet options about being sure ssl is enabled. It was. Anybody else run into this issue and know the solution ? Can't seem to even find a place to contact google for help.

Thanks

Steve

Technoman

Reaction score
Ordered my droid x last week and was told by Verizon I'll want a gmail account as it's important. Not sure why yet but I set up a gmail address. I can connect to gmail at work and from my desktop at home but my laptop at home on wireless router always gives a failure to connect to page message. It has no problems to any other pages. I've followed the suggestions looking into internet options about being sure ssl is enabled. It was. Anybody else run into this issue and know the solution ? Can't seem to even find a place to contact google for help.

Thanks

Steve

I have a netbook and connect to Google with no issues. What web address are you attempting to connect to?

Technoman

Reaction score
OP
S

sownman

Reaction score
Same damn result "Internet explorer cannot display the page"

I've cleared my browser cache over and over

Steve

Technoman

Reaction score
Same damn result "Internet explorer cannot display the page"

I've cleared my browser cache over and over

Steve

I don't know... it works for me everytime. I use Google Chrome as my browser, but that should not matter.

OP
S

sownman

Reaction score
I think I may have found the issue. The cookie on the laptop may be incomplete or corrupt. I just noticed on the work computer when I succesfully go to gmail there are a few characters added to the link after the final "/mail/" Could be thats why gmail is not accepting my connection attempt and laptop is displaying the failure message. When I go home tonight I'll try manually entering those characters and or deleting my current google cookie. Thanks for taking the time to read and help.

Steve