Anyone else still having wifi issues with 2.2?

akates

Reaction score
So at first I thought the upgrade to 2.2 had fixed my wifi issues as I was able to connect to my wireless N router with TKIP/AES and was getting speeds of 10-15mbps but since the first day or so it's been sporadically not working. It still shows it's connected with signal bars but no data is coming through. My Touchdown exchange email which polls every 5 minutes starts to show failures and webpages fail to load. If I log off the wifi and then back on it SOMETIMES fixes the problem.

I've also tried to change my router to wireless G only with TKIP and I'm getting the same issues. While it's better than 2.1, it's still not usable everyday. Anybody else having these issues? I'd love to have wifi work correctly like it does on my iPod touch as it'll save battery, give me faster speeds, and allow me to use the web and get notifications while i'm on the phone.

gling

Reaction score
Don't know if it will help your problem but I was having the exact same issues with my Droid 1 rooted to 2.2 (FRG01B) running Sapphire 1.0. The connection to my D-Link Wireless-N, WPA2 was sporadic and intermittent at best while showing a good connection. This was one of the reasons for rooting 2.2 to begin with as the WiFi didn't work properly out of the box. After reading a bit on DroidFourms.net (which has helped me immensely since buying my Droid), I downloaded an App called "Droid/MS WiFiPowerSavingOff" which solved my problem immediately. It's for rooted users only but there are dozens of Apps that are designed to fix similar WiFi issues so I'm sure you can find one that will fix yours also.
Good Luck.

cyber3dx

Reaction score
FWIW, I had the same results after upgrading OTA 2.2. At first, for a few days, Wi-Fi was sooo much better, and faster too. Then, suddenly it started having connectivity issues. It seems like I can hook up better if I stand outside of the house to connect to my Wi-Fi. Go figure.

Riffin

Reaction score
I got so frustrated with the Droid 1 wireless issues, I upgrade to the Droid X and discovered I was having the same issue. The Droid 1 had 2.2, and the Droid X has 2.1. After reviewing just about every post on the topic on both phones, the "consensus" seems to be the the router security settings. Try resetting your router to use TKIP security only (not combined TKIP and AES). Once I did that the my wireless issues have disappeared. On one forum, someone suggested AES only, but that didn't work for me.

Hope it works for you.

BTW - the Droid X is an incredible phone. Glad I switched.

bigdog9586

Reaction score
So at first I thought the upgrade to 2.2 had fixed my wifi issues as I was able to connect to my wireless N router with TKIP/AES and was getting speeds of 10-15mbps but since the first day or so it's been sporadically not working. It still shows it's connected with signal bars but no data is coming through. My Touchdown exchange email which polls every 5 minutes starts to show failures and webpages fail to load. If I log off the wifi and then back on it SOMETIMES fixes the problem.

I've also tried to change my router to wireless G only with TKIP and I'm getting the same issues. While it's better than 2.1, it's still not usable everyday. Anybody else having these issues? I'd love to have wifi work correctly like it does on my iPod touch as it'll save battery, give me faster speeds, and allow me to use the web and get notifications while i'm on the phone.
I had pretty much the same problem after replacing my router. Nothing seemed to help and found firmware update for the router which helped some, switched router from auto to TKIP and as a last resort when still having problems I pulled the battery for a min. from my X and everything has worked flawlessly ever since. Something reset on the X that made the world right after pulling the battery.

K1196A

Reaction score
My wifi is completely unreliable. I can connect with a strong signal, but the connection keeps dropping and reconnecting in an infinite loop. DNLA is impossible (what a shame).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Don't know if it will help your problem but I was having the exact same issues with my Droid 1 rooted to 2.2 (FRG01B) running Sapphire 1.0. The connection to my D-Link Wireless-N, WPA2 was sporadic and intermittent at best while showing a good connection. This was one of the reasons for rooting 2.2 to begin with as the WiFi didn't work properly out of the box. After reading a bit on DroidFourms.net (which has helped me immensely since buying my Droid), I downloaded an App called "Droid/MS WiFiPowerSavingOff" which solved my problem immediately. It's for rooted users only but there are dozens of Apps that are designed to fix similar WiFi issues so I'm sure you can find one that will fix yours also.
Good Luck.

You didn't need that app as the setting is readily available in the WiFi advanced settings.

As I mentioned in another thread, I have it set to "Never" since I setup my X to connect to my router while home and have not experienced a single WiFi issue since I got the phone.