Droid X WiFi fix....working so far

Mule65

Reaction score
I had a Moto Droid. It worked perfect on my WiFi.

I have a Droid X. It drops and reconnects on my WiFi all the time.

Nothing changed on my WiFi.

I think it's another Droid X glitch.

Reaction score
Another thing to try is under Advanced Wireless settings, change the Wi-Fi sleep policy to "Never" and see if it helps.

That is what I did when I setup my phone to connect to my router and I am not losing any connections at all.

akates

Reaction score
It's definitely not fixed on 2.2. I've been running 2.2 since Saturday and I still can't get a consistent wifi connection. It'll connect on an N and 2 G routers with either TKIP or AES but after a few minutes it stops working. It still shows it's connected, there just isn't any data coming through. My touchdown exchange server tells me it can't connect and I get either VERY slow or no speed on speedtest.

avt123

Reaction score
The phone chooses the highest connection by default. If you want to try G or B then go into the router with the ip 192.168.0.1 or whatever your default router IP is and find your private network setting and change it to 802.11g or even b to try them out but many routers are ste to g/n at the same time so enable only b and see if it helps.

Oh I'm not having any problems though. I was just wondering if I was currently connected to N speeds, which I think I am. Thanks for the info though.

To answer, max G speed is 54mbps so yes, you are using N.

Sweet, ty for the info. dancedroid