wifi issues

pajo

Reaction score
hi!
does anybody else have issues with milestone, regarding wifi?
I can connect to my home router, but internet is VERY slow
I must wait for about minute or two, to connect for example at google.com

and i have to mention, my laptop can connect to the same router, and speed and everything else is great... :(

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
hi!
does anybody else have issues with milestone, regarding wifi?
I can connect to my home router, but internet is VERY slow
I must wait for about minute or two, to connect for example at google.com

and i have to mention, my laptop can connect to the same router, and speed and everything else is great... :(

Hey,

ever had a look on the routers interface to see what the menue says about the connection to your milestone?
Do you have any filters enabled?

Tigger

hwhitmore

Reaction score
Just hooked up a home router myself and havin the same problem. PC works great, droid won't connect. Please post if you fix your problem. Thanx in advance!

DAGr8

Reaction score
Just hooked up a home router myself and havin the same problem. PC works great, droid won't connect. Please post if you fix your problem. Thanx in advance!

hi again , there is a wifi analizer in the market (its free) pretty sure its wifi buddy but I may be wrong , there is athread in the Droid forum many have fixed there issue with that .

Silver Member
Reaction score
wifi analyzer will let you know if there are conflicting channels to help your router speed. connection issues to your router may be linked to how you've decided to encrypt your connection.

i always suggest a WPA style encryption with a pass-phrase, as opposed to the WEP 25 digit key.

modestokid209

Reaction score
So after i get the new upgrade wich was supposed to help with wpa locked wifi bit now it will recognize my wifi but not connect to it. Even the open wifi at the gym wouldnt work. Ne one else havin the same problem?

Robotics

Reaction score
So after i get the new upgrade wich was supposed to help with wpa locked wifi bit now it will recognize my wifi but not connect to it. Even the open wifi at the gym wouldnt work. Ne one else havin the same problem?

Since the update I still dont have problems with wifi, BUT I'am still having issues with 3g disconnecting then reconnect. I have always had this problem with 3g...and I thought the update was suppose to fix it. But wifi is smooth for me at home and at work.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I don't know if this applies to you, but I had to replace my router because it was "out of date". It was probably five years old and as soon as I hooked the new router up...BINGO...Razr connected to WiFi right away.

modestokid209

Reaction score
See that might b it. But now its workin. It seems like wifi only wantsta work when it wants to. I dont get it. : (