Wifi issues Solved

dweicht31

Reaction score
Sorry to beat a dead horse....
I was having the same wifi connectivity issues as everyone else. I had 2 different netgear routers at home(N,G). My coworker had a cisco\linksys E2000 and had no issues. I purchased the cisco\linksys E3000 router yesterday. I installed it and connected the DX to it. It ran flawless with no connection drops.
Very sad that I needed to go buy a different router to fix this issue.

Shibbey

Reaction score
FYI, I have had lots of problems with netgear routers. Nothing but Linksys now. Much more reliable all around.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BMWBig6

Reaction score
What model Netgear routers did you have, if you don't mind me asking? I'm having wifi trouble with my WNDR3700 (but only with my Droid X, every other client works fine).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use a model e1000 to replace my Belkin
The wildest part is my desktop, laptop and Omnia all work flawlessly with the Belkin but it just ignored my Inc
wified from my Incredible monolith using SlideIT on Tapatalk

Shibbey

Reaction score
I cannot remember the exact model numbers, I do remember they were in the RangeMax Wireless Router Family (like this one). What I encountered with them was periodic loss of connection. I was constantly having to unplug them and reboot them. No, or very slow, connection. That was on the wired and wireless connections to them. A factory reset would help them for a short time.

Anyway, my ex-gf bought me The Linksys WRT400N for X-mas and I love it. I have their gaming adapter for my X-Box and they work fantastic togther.

OP
D

dweicht31

Reaction score
What model Netgear routers did you have, if you don't mind me asking? I'm having wifi trouble with my WNDR3700 (but only with my Droid X, every other client works fine).

These are my models that don't work:
Netgear WGR614 Wireless-G Router
Netgear WNR2000 Wireless-N Router

FoFa

Reaction score
I have had no problems with my Netgear N router and either of my Driods (1 and X).
Nor my xbox, or laptops......
Don't recall the model number off the top of me head, got it last year.

howard5674

Reaction score
want to use my linksys wireless-g router with my droid x wifi. can anybody help me set up the wifi - thanks