No data connection...wifi still trying?

foush

Reaction score
I was on wifi at home and headed out in the car. I needed to get an address from an old email and when I tried to retrieve my mail it said there was no connection. I checked to make sure data was on and still nothing. The bars were gray not blue (what does that mean?). I even switched to LTE (as I was on 3G) and still nothing. After 10 mins of this I was about to throw the phone out of the window. When I got home I realized that I had left WIFI on. I am also using JuiceDefender. Would JuiceDefender and WIFI enabled have any issue here?

On another note...I am still trying to determine if I want to keep this phone. I am NOT rooted and have had multiple connection issues and the battery life has sucked. I never had these issues with my old DINC (great phone BTW). I am still playing with settings so maybe battery life is MY issue. I think it would almost be a good recommendation to people to not install many apps at first until you get a feel for what the battery can do. I think that FB, Twitter, and others might have been sucking the battery. I have disabled the updates on those to see what happens. And then maybe root...

Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
JuiceDefender has been known to cause some problems such as yours. I don't use it personally, but I have seen others with similar issues.

If you are playing with your phone alot more than it is definitely taking a toll on your battery. The screen eats up alot, the OS has a bug, and LTE really drains it. I came from an Inc and I am getting much better battery life than I ever did with the Inc. I had the Inc rooted and ROMed with CM7 and did all the battery tricks. With my Nexus I did the same thing, just with a different ROM as CM9 isn't available.

OP
foush

foush

Reaction score
JuiceDefender has been known to cause some problems such as yours. I don't use it personally, but I have seen others with similar issues.

If you are playing with your phone alot more than it is definitely taking a toll on your battery. The screen eats up alot, the OS has a bug, and LTE really drains it. I came from an Inc and I am getting much better battery life than I ever did with the Inc. I had the Inc rooted and ROMed with CM7 and did all the battery tricks. With my Nexus I did the same thing, just with a different ROM as CM9 isn't available.

Thanks Dezy! There is so much out there already on this phone and eveyone has it configured different ways it gets confusing. Let me ask one more noobie question....if I root the phone and the return it to stock, is there a way for vzw to know that they will not alllow a return? Thanks for the great work here on this board!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If its rooted then it will have an icon called superuser. I think that's the first thing Verizon looks for. However there is an unroot method for this phone and it will revert it back to 100% stock

edit: when reverting back to stock there is no way for Verizon to tell that it was ever rooted.
And thanks for the kind words, but those really belong to our admin and mod team, they're the ones who do all the hard work and keep it all nice here:happy3:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited: