No 3G for 2 days.

daDaveShaw

Reaction score
My phone is displaying 3G with full white bars. For some reason I can't connect to the data network. When I drive into a 4G area the phone jumps into 4GLTE and I get internet, but when I go back home where I only have 3G, there's nothing. I've tried just about everything... airplane mode, disable and reenable data, restart, refit the sim card, factory reset... nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
How long has this been going on for? Might want to give vzw a jingle to see if it is a tower issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

daDaveShaw

Reaction score
2days. First day was spotty. I noticed sporadic dropouts. Today was nothing at all. I don't think its a cell tower because I've been travelling today (Mahwah NJ to Clark NJ)

OP
D

daDaveShaw

Reaction score
The dialer isn't active in the task manager. When you say I need to kill it, do I try activating it and then force closing it?

Last edited:

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The dialer isn't active in the task manager. When you say I need to kill it, do I try activating it and then force closing it?

Install OS Monitor, enable root features, locate dialer and kill it. This will cause it to restart the process along with 3G, the dialer process is always running.

OP
D

daDaveShaw

Reaction score
Worked like a charm! I killed it then restarted... 3G connected. Thanks for the help guys. This is my first experience with a smartphone or the Android os. :)

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Worked like a charm! I killed it then restarted... 3G connected. Thanks for the help guys. This is my first experience with a smartphone or the Android os. :)

You're welcome.