NFC tags

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with these. Saw a fairly decent price for a dozen or so on Amazon and was thinking how cool it would be to place one on my night stand to auto mute my phone or in my car cubby to auto turn on Bluetooth.

hollywoodfrodo

Reaction score
You can do a lot more than that if you want. :) The one I have by my nightstand Turn down notification & media volume and turns off auto-brightness (in case I need to look at it in the middle of the night - don't wanna wake the spouse) when I tap it at night. When I tap that same tag in the morning, it raises all my volume levels and turns auto-brightness back on.

With the right app, you can do a ton of cool things. There's a great website with cool nfc tags - www.andytags.com that gives a list of good apps to use with them. they also have great looking nfc stickers and video demos and stuff.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
thanks for the ideas...i have totally forgot about those tags. i barely use my G. Wallet anymore.

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
I've been seeing these around. Do they work as well as advertised? does it affect battery life or anything?

wcjeep

Reaction score
NFC tags do work as advertised. Every phone using the NFC tag will need the same NFC app on the phone. They can trigger many different actions. My wife uses her tags daily.

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
Where's the best place to get stickers and are there any ones that are better than others?

alicechong7789

Reaction score
Where's the best place to get stickers and are there any ones that are better than others?

NFC Tags, Readers and Software | BUYNFCTAGS.COM has a lot of NFC stickers, tokens, key chains and more...
NFC Tags have different memory sizes.
UL 48 bytes
NTAG203 144 bytes
Topaz 480 bytes
1K 752 bytes

The ones I just listed are compatible with Android phones, but Blackberry phones and some Windows Phones may not work with those.
In terms of compatibility, the NTAG and Topaz are probably the most compatible NFC chip.