NFC Tagstand Tags - text messaging

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
So i was trying to program my nef NFC stickers i got from tagstand this weekend, and i could not get it to work to send text messages. I wrote the tag using NFC task launcher from tagstand. Select new tag. select new task. add action. under phone select send a text message. wrote the message and recipiant, and added a second action to put phone into car mode. says tag written successfully.
then when i try to activate it by placing it to the back of the phone, It looks for an sms plugin, which the play store says is installed, and the shuts down, saying unfortunately NFCTL SMS has stopped. It does activate car mode, but no text message.

Has anyone successfully activated their NFC tags to send text messages? What am I doing wrong.
Screenshot_2012-08-13-09-34-11.png

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Well, it looks like i figured it out. I deleted the NFC Task Launcher SMS Plugin i had downloaded from the play store, and now it works. So apparently the plugins only mess things up. It doesn't make sense, but it works.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Alright, i figured out the text issue, but now i am having trouble programming a sticker to open up navigation and take me home. It works the first time i try it. But after i exit out, and try it again, all it says is task 7. Which is the right task, but it doesn't actually activate anything. Whats up with that?

Moderator, How do i change the title of this thread? I want to make it more generic and delete the words "text messaging" so it works for all tagstand questions. Since i answered my own first question.

krohnjw

Reaction score
The SMS plugin uses the SMS library to send a text message rather than pre-populating in your SMS app. It will require the to and text body to be completed to send successfully. What were you trying to send?

Enable debugging in the app, scan the tags in question and send the debug log. I'll take a look.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Well i think i have everything working. Apparently it takes a day or two for the app to function properly after creating a new tag. Seems to work every time now for my text tag and my navigate home tag. I didn't change anything, it just started working. I have created any other tags yet, but i expect the same results. Set it up, wait a day or two, then it will work. Strange, but at least it works.
As for the plug-in, i don't really get the point unless you want to constantly send the same text to various recipients. Maybe a "call you back because i am driving message" or something. I just deleted it, and no more problems.

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Well i think i have everything working. Apparently it takes a day or two for the app to function properly after creating a new tag. Seems to work every time now for my text tag and my navigate home tag. I didn't change anything, it just started working. I have created any other tags yet, but i expect the same results. Set it up, wait a day or two, then it will work. Strange, but at least it works.
As for the plug-in, i don't really get the point unless you want to constantly send the same text to various recipients. Maybe a "call you back because i am driving message" or something. I just deleted it, and no more problems.

Did you ever get any greater clarity on any of this?

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Did you ever get any greater clarity on any of this?
no, sorry. i haven't had any more problems lately though. the last tag i set up worked without any wait period. c'est la vie