NFC storage

pdaniel219

Reaction score
My wife had a windows 8 phone. We tried sending each other pictures through NFC. My phone says "new NFC tag found", but I can't find the pic anywhere. She's when I send it to her, it makes the noise like she's gets it, but we can't find the pic on her phone either. My question is. . . Are they stored somewhere other than the gallery when you get them? It are we just out of luck because I have a RazrM and she's got a windows phone? And help would be appreciated.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would be surprised if it actually works. I would expect it to make a notification because they are detecting each others NFC fields, but its unlikely that an Android and Windows phone can make the negotiation. The Android beam feature was introduced in Jelly Bean, and to the best of my knowledge only works between Android devices, as they negotiate a Bluetooth connection. That would be my expectation, but we can see if anyone else has any other thoughts.

OP
pdaniel219

pdaniel219

Reaction score
Thanks! That's pretty much what I was thinking. I've searched everywhere in my phone and I can't find it. Just taking a shot at asking.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I was playing with a Galaxy S4 today, trying to send pictures through NFC. Both phones would vibrate, but wouldn't send pictures. My phone detected a new tag, but that was it. It wasn't until I went through the Settings & turned Android Beam on from my phone that it worked. The picture then showed up in the gallery on the S4. Hope this helps

Tapped from a Nexus