Nfc???

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Been playing with my wife's and my Razr Ms the last couple days trying to figure out how to use NFC to transfer things like pictures, songs, etc. from one phone to the other (kinda like on the Samsung commercials).

FINALLY got it to work last night, kinda.......it didn't send the picture I was trying to send, it sent the entire app I was using to display the picture on my phone.....???????

I've looked for some specific instructions onhow to use NFC, but have only found some very simple, generic stuff that just doesn't work.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I thought NFC was only for sending small files, such as web links or contacts. Samsung uses WiFi Direct to send photos and videos.

OP
S

SteveIrv

Reaction score
I thought NFC was only for sending small files, such as web links or contacts. Samsung uses WiFi Direct to send photos and videos.

Hmmm....just found this:

http://www.motorola.com/blog/2012/10/01/droid-razr-m-by-motorola-hold-on-tight-here-comes-nfc/

A
lthough the Razr M also has Wifi Direct...

Uh oh...I hit the link for more NFC info and about 1/2 way down that page I see a blurb about how Jelly Bean will expand the capabilities of NFC to include the ability to transfer pictures, videos, etc.

Guess I'll have to wait for the JB update, or figure out wifi direct.

Thanks.

sonik

Reaction score
Have you tried an app called 'Send!'? I can't vouch for it but it looked promising..

OP
S

SteveIrv

Reaction score
With the update to JB, NFC seems to be working great.......very nice thing to have.