Nexus 6 Pics: Size Compared to Every Nexus Phone Before

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This should give you an idea of relative size side-by-side.

Jeremy, thanks for that. I was actually looking for a comparision between the Turbo and the Nexus 6, but since the Turbo isn't yet official it's not on their comparison tool. However, that tool ROCKS! I have already bookmarked it and will be using it often in the future.

As for the Turbo, I'm still looking for a real-life size image or at least the full dimensions. Anyone help?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The n4 doesn't feel big to me, after using the g3 for a while, and having my Maxx in defender case.. So I'm not worried about size.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I kind of wish we were back at 4.65" screen sizes. I still have my Galaxy S3 and I think even the 4.8" screen is too big! You'd think I would get used to it after 2 years, but no, I want to go smaller. Unfortunately, I don't see how I can every get a high-end phone (processor, memory, storage, camera, etc...) that's less than 4.8"
Sony z3 compact.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
One of the big reasons that the S5 and note series has caught on its because there aren't high end phones with small screens. If you want a removable battery and a high end phone you have to get an S5 and deal with the size. The same goes with an SD card.

I think the "look at the sake of the bigger phones" is a fake indicator of what the public wants.

I went with the dev edition Maxx for the battery as that is what is important to me, but if the mini had a dev edition and a Maxx battery I would have chosen it any day of the week.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
People don't buy large phones they don't like using. From everything I've seen, people thoroughly enjoy the Note and it's size. Small phones have become what large phones use to be. People I know who use to think the iPhone was the perfect size, and would mock the size of androids jumped on the iPhone 6+ bandwagon.

That's how the culture has shifted and companies don't make products nobody likes, and they're not successful with.

on the move..

lilbukka

Reaction score
I'm not getting my nexus 6 through AT&T they're loading it with bloatware who's to say when it'll see updates. I don't think carriers like a Nexus devices or understand the concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
and companies don't make products nobody likes, and they're not successful with.

on the move..
I wouldn't go that far...reference the Amazon Fire phone 2 due out next year.
But overall, yeah....good point. That said, 6" devices will never sell as much as 5"-5.5" devices, that's fact. Sure, devices have been getting larger the past couple years, but there IS a limit and the majority of the population really don't want something this large. (At least in a "smartphone" setting)

S5 tap'n

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Occasionally a newer player in an already established game has to do something to get into the game. I wouldn't exactly compare Amazon to a Motorola or Samsung in the mobile industry. Two have been long established and one is trying to get into the game somehow. When you're new you've got to be adventurous to stand out and when you're competing against proven products its hard to be successful.

on the move..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I absolutely agree. I just think there's a limit when it comes to the whole size debate. Take the Samsung Mega for example. How often do we hear about this 6.3" device? I had a member on our S3 sister forum recently ask me why there isn't a Mega / Mega2 forum and why can't he find much discussion about this particular model. It's a great device afterall, but the fact is, its simply too large for the majority of the population, and so you rarely hear anyone talk about this device. I'll be very surprised if next year's Nexus isn't a sub six inch device. I see them going back to a 5.2 - 5.5 inch model.

S5 tap'n