Huawei Nexus Images with Strange Hump Camera Leaked (Along With Another Spec-list)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Huawei-Nexus-leak-grouped.jpg

*Update - We found an additional rumor that Huawei might swap the Snapdragon 820 for the 810 in the Nexus 6 due to some connectivity problems with the 810 chipset, and Huawei might have time to make the switch before the launch of the phone. ~ PhoneArena

There's a new series of Huawei Nexus 6 prototype images making their rounds across the internet right now. The most notable thing about this new leaked pic is the strange "camera hump" section on the back of the device. This is a bit reminiscent of the OG Droid RAZR from a few years ago. It's further noteworthy to see both the Huawei and Nexus logos on the phone.

The device also has a small round indention in the back, which is presumably for the rumored fingerprint sensor. One of the images shows off the USB Type-C connector, which lends credence to the device. Some additional spec details were leaked along with the images which seem to line up with most of the previous rumors: Snapdragon 810 processor, 3GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage.

The rest of the images can be seen in the thread below. Sound off and let us know what you think of the unusual design of this next Nexus. Also, don't forget to drop by our dedicated Nexus 6 section here: Nexus 6 by Huawei | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: AndroidAuthority

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the rest of those Huawei Nexus 6 leaked images:

huawei-nexus-6-august24-leak-1.jpg

huawei-nexus-6-august24-leak-2.jpg

huawei-nexus-6-august24-leak-3.jpg

huawei-nexus-6-august24-leak-4.jpg

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I just had a Droid X flashback!

That was my thought. The DX has the original hump. It was supposedly because it had a better lens system for its camera back then. Maybe Google is upping its game in the camera department finally.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To me that is an ugly looking phone. I'm liking the LG Nexus 5 (2015).

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
At least it won't wobble when you set it down without a case like all of these others do with just a hump right around the lens.

I liked my Droid X very much.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just had a Droid X flashback!
If it works on Verizon like the Moto Nexus 6, I could see Droid X fans giving this a look. Unlike the Droid X, this will have an unlocked bootloader and no Blur.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If it works on Verizon like the Moto Nexus 6, I could see Droid X fans giving this a look. Unlike the Droid X, this will have an unlocked bootloader and no Blur.
I actually miss the Facebook/Twitter widgets that came with blur. I had it setup to only show me posts I hadn't seen yet, so I could scroll through it and check stuff out and not get lost in posts I'd already read. That, and the power control widget was nice.

Though I really liked the X, I'm still leaning more towards the new Moto X Pure if I upgrade this year.

This design strikes me as a bit odd though because most of the Nexus devices tend to be designed a bit more plainly. This is the first one with any REAL character I can recall. I mean, the gnex had a bit of a taper to it, but nothing quite so in your face.

And, for all we know, these could be abandoned prototypes...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Looks like a large Motorola droid razr or razr maxx g1 or droid x and x2..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here are the rest of those Huawei Nexus 6 leaked images:

huawei-nexus-6-august24-leak-1.jpg

huawei-nexus-6-august24-leak-2.jpg

huawei-nexus-6-august24-leak-3.jpg

huawei-nexus-6-august24-leak-4.jpg

The interesting thing about those photos is the shot of the security label. Yet you have pictures with dude's face all in the shot.