Nexus 4 will not have LTE! glad I got the s3!

jwilly216

Reaction score
When purchasing the s3, most of us had the thought cross our mind about whether we should make the rash decision to get the s3 which looked sooo badass,
Or wait to get the nexus which will be the talk of the town.
I no longer have any qualms about deciding to get the s3 instead of the nexus because there's absolutely no way that I could go back to a device that is permanently stuck on hspa.
It doesn't come with an lte radio period.

So considering that I'm not going to lust for that new device, this means my s3 will still be unchallenged for quite some time. There's nothing in the foreseeable future that could make me regret getting this breast. The note 2 is sweet but not something I want to carry with me full time

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
I just read about the nexus. I was shocked to say the least. I love having 4g and I would not think of going back.

I see me having my S3 for at least 2 years easily

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
RiceCake2000 said:
I just read about the nexus. I was shocked to say the least. I love having 4g and I would not think of going back.

I see me having my S3 for at least 2 years easily

I agree exactly. I'm not happy that this is happening because it's a huge blow to the nexus developer community but it makes me a lot happier I got the s3

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its because it won't be on Verizon or Sprint, AT&T uses a different LTE band and LTE outside the US is few and far between. Google made this decision to avoid carrier interference. And I don't blame them.

Plus HSPA+ has been ruled as 4G. They still would see "4G" speeds on carriers like AT&T or TMO

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So considering that I'm not going to lust for that new device, this means my s3 will still be unchallenged for quite some time. There's nothing in the foreseeable future that could make me regret getting this breast. The note 2 is sweet but not something I want to carry with me full time

Didn't you just start a thread whining about being ripped off by Verizon and not having the latest and greatest any more??

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
k1ngr4t said:
Didn't you just start a thread whining about being ripped off by Verizon and not having the latest and greatest any more??

Weren't you just talking crap and trying to start drama in one of my other threads?

jamjr74

Reaction score
Can't believe Verizon will not be carrying the nexus 4! Think it thine to switch to a different carrier. $349 for the 4 right from Google is a great buy. Any Verizon smartphone is $600+

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

alboboy10

Reaction score
jamjr74 said:
Can't believe Verizon will not be carrying the nexus 4! Think it thine to switch to a different carrier. $349 for the 4 right from Google is a great buy. Any Verizon smartphone is $600+

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Agree love what Google did with this

music life

Reaction score
Eh. HTC quad looks sweet. And isnt LG still dropping the optimus G? not saying i would pick them over the S3. But also not saying i wouldnt.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I wish they made the phone smaller. It would probably cut costs and the phones could stop becoming bigger every new model.

Escobar

Reaction score
I don't regret my decision to buy this phone at all. I'm using an extended battery and I'm at 1 day and 14 hours on battery.

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
Escobar said:
I don't regret my decision to buy this phone at all. I'm using an extended battery and I'm at 1 day and 14 hours on battery.

I love my s3 I find it odd that Samsung doesn't make an oem extended battery though

alboboy10

Reaction score
Escobar said:

How big is the battery?

jsouthernindiana

Reaction score
I also get the day and a half battery life on a Hyperion 4200 I believe it is. New to android from iphone. That is no widgets and heavy use though. Got it and the back and case for all under 30 bucks. I recently sped up my phone with the ROM and clocking. Hope I get a day out of it still. We'll see

menudo18

Reaction score
A pure S3/ nexus would have been a better choice for Google it is already on every network there could have been some changes.